Sunday 9 March 2014

Giselle's adventures in wonderland - Epilogue































A new day was rising over Mermaid Love Resort...





























A slight mist hinting that the hot sunny days of summer were drawing to a close, and the rainy season was approaching.


Ricky: hey you, little princess, what do you think you're doing, wandering around at this hour of morning?


Reese: me wants see mommy!


Ricky: that's right, that's right, she's coming home today, isn't she? She's been away for so long this time... let's go get your brother and wait for mommy on the shore, shall we?


Reese: yuss!!!


Ricky: hey Evan! So you're already here!


Evan: yeah...waiting for mum...

Ricky: that's right, and we're all excited about that, right Reese?

Reese: right daddy!


Evan: so... when do you think she'll come?


Ricky: I don't know exactly, probably any minute now!


Evan: why isn't she here yet? I have to go to school! She promised she would be here before school!


Ricky: I don't know, son!


Ricky: Besides, since you belong to the mermaid kind too, you should feel it when she's close...apparently I'm the only one here not sensing her presence...it's kinda frustrating you know?


Evan: sorry dad....


Evan: but why isn't she there yet?


Ricky: I don't know kid, but your sister's starting to get hungry, I'll go feed her and be right back...you keep an eye on the ocean to see if mum comes and call for us when she does, okay?

Evan: 'kay...but she'd better be here soon, I don't want to go to school without meeting her...


Evan: but...wait! There she is! MUM! Dad! Dad come back, she's coming!




Ricky: look Reese! There comes mummy!

Maya: hello sweethearts! Did you miss me?


Evan: mummy! I've missed you so much! And I didn't want to leave for school without seeing you...


Maya: oh, sorry my boy, your grandparents didn't want me to leave...and gave me loads of stuff for you and your sister!

Evan: really! What is it?


Maya: you'll get all of your presents when you're back from school! Off you go now, little man! You'll find me waiting here for you, when you come back!


Evan: can't wait! And mum, when will I be able to swim to grandpa's cove with you? I'd love to meet my cousins! And it would be great to be with them, instead of going to school...

Maya: for that, you'll have to wait till you get older...and out of school! Now off you go or you'll be late!

Evan: okay...bye mum...dad...Reese...

Reese: bye bye bwother!


Maya: and now you, my little princess! How are you doing? I've missed you so much!

Reese: mummyyyy!!!!

Maya: you've grown up so much! In such a short time!

Ricky: yeah...but it looked a very long time to me....

Reese: me too!!


Maya: aww little one...you can't even imagine how hard it is to leave you ashore...it gets harder every time....but it won't be forever, you know? Soon you'll be able to swim along with mummy!

Ricky: yeah but what will I do then?


Maya: oh sweetheart I didn't mean it...it just came out the wrong way...and you're an amazing swimmer, you are already able to come with me to the mermaid cove whenever you wish...you just stay ashore for the kids, and I really appreciate it...

Ricky: of course I can come to the mermaid's cove with you...but I'm not like you... and of course I love to stay on the island with the kids but...I wonder....both of our kids are like you, so I'm the only human in the family....so I wonder....is there a way for me to...say, become like you lot? A potion or something?

Maya: oh Rick, would you really do this for me? 

Ricky: of course hon...you and the kids are my life...and when I have a tail like yours as well, we can finally get married in the depth of the ocean, in the mermaid cove with all your family around! What do you think?

Maya: I'd love to...so...we just need to figure out how to turn you into a mermaid then....

Ricky: we'd better figure it out soon, waiting for you to come back from your trips to the mermaid cove is becoming harder and harder...


Morgana: hello you, little cousin! What are you doing, sitting right in the middle of a sand castle?


Morgana: Poor kid, neglected by a couple of smooching parents...tut tut...

Morgana: come on here you! Come up to your big cousin's arms!

Reese: yuuusss!



Morgana: how could they leave such a precious girl on a sand castle?

Reese: me hungwy...


Morgana: oh, are you hungry? Let's go get something to eat 'kay?

Reese: yuuusss! Rees luvs Morganna!

Morgana: and I love you baby girl! Come on, let's go find something for you upstairs...


Giselle: .....hey kid, aren't you supposed to be at school? Leave Reese with me, I'll take care of her needs, you go to school as a regular teen girl....

Morgana: but mum! I don't like school, I prefer to take care of little Reese!

Giselle: no buts, leave Reese here and run to school if you don't want to be grounded! Evan left ages ago!

Morgana: uhm okay okay...I shall go then....but I shall not be happy!


Giselle: I know...I know you hate school....all those years living in a stranded island were tough...I would have never thought that my daughter actually liked that life....the stranded island was everything she has known as a child...however here's where we belong now, she needs to get used to it, period. But I wonder...maybe if she saw the place where her parents and uncle grew up, she would become more interested in civilized life....maybe....maybe it's also time for me to go back...



Kent: so, tell me...what's bothering you, my wife?


Giselle: nothing....I was just thinking...


Giselle: maybe-it's-time-to-go-back-to-Appaloosa-Plains


Kent: what!


Kent: you said you didn't want to go back...never...I thought we were happy here...


Giselle: we are! It's just...I was thinking...maybe Morgana would adapt to the civilized world better if she knew where she comes from...I mean, if she saw the place where her parents and uncle grew up and met her relatives...don't you think? Just a small trip to say hi...

Kent: yes but...your mum....

Giselle: I know she may be dead...otherwise she would be 400 or something! I feel guilty already for not seeing her one last time...but what scares me the most is that some of my siblings may be dead as well...Ricky and me are the youngest and it won't be long before we turn into elders...but anyway, I think it would be a good thing for Morgana....


Maya: actually, I think it's a very good idea! I can see she's not adapting well to this new world...


Giselle: see? I told you, Kent, we have to do it...it won't be for too long, I promise...

Kent: alright then...probably it's a good solution....but are you sure you don't want me to come with?

Giselle: no, hon...you have to stay here to take care of the resort...and I think it's time for a mother-daughter trip...

Maya: besides, if you find out you miss your family and are not willing to leave them behind again, you can always invite them here to the resort! To have a free holiday!

Kent: you have pretty cool ideas, Maya! Is it the salty water or what?

Maya: we're in a pool...





Reception girl: hello there, Ms Love! What can I do for you?

Giselle: hello....well I'm thinking to go make a little trip with my daughter....


Reception girl: but that's just wonderful! I think it's a very good idea!


Giselle: it's a trip to Appaloosa Plains. It won't be long but it will take a while. You will have to take extra care of things here....and when I'm back, I may have guests visiting, so I will need free rooms...


Reception girl: no problem, have a nice trip, ma'am!


Giselle: yeah...but now I need to go find Morgana, hopefully she will be happy about the news....











Morgana was sitting alone at one of the pier bar tables. She had that look of sadness and emptiness in her eyes that she often was seen wearing, these days...

Giselle: hey hon!


Morgana: hello mum...

Giselle: please, sit down, I have to tell you something...no, don't make that sad face, it's something good!


Giselle: so, I've been thinking about it for a while now...what about a mother-daughter trip somewhere? Would you like it?



Morgana: oh yes! That sounds cool! Specially because that means no school for a while hehehe



Giselle: ....that's not the point of the trip, honey...


Morgana: whatever, where no school is involved, it's great! Where are we going? Can we go back to our island? I miss living there...

Giselle: I know sweetheart, but we're not going back to that blody island....quite the contrary actually! We're going back to Appaloosa Plains, where me and dad and uncle Ricky come from!


Morgana: oh...

Giselle: you'll get to know your cousins and probably their children also! I have the feeling they might have all kids of your same age! It's gonna be fun! Don't you think so?

Morgana: well...you know I don't like other kids much....except for Evan and Reese, but they're my cousins...

Giselle: exactly! And you're going to meet other cousins of yours, they're family too, although you don't know them yet! I'm sure you're gonna like them...

Morgana: how can you tell, you don't know them either...

Giselle: but I know my nieces and nephew! They're my brother's Sebastian's kids... June is the first born, then Theodore, then the twins, Rebecca and Charlotte, then little Lily...I guess they're all grown up with their own families by now! And I have the feeling June is heiress now!

Morgana: heiress?

Giselle: they're part of something called legacy...among the children of one generation, one is chosen to carry on the family history...in my generation it was my brother Sebastian. And I think now his daughter June might be heiress...but we'll find out as soon as we're there! Oh, and then there are my other brothers and sisters' kids too!


Morgana: oh dear, so many people...my head is spinning...


Giselle: I'm sure you'll love it!


Morgana: okay I guess it will be....always better than school anyway....when are we setting up the boat?


Giselle: no boat darling, Appaloosa Plains is too far, it'll take ages! We're going by plane this time...now we can afford it!


Morgana: I don't like flying...I prefer sailing....



Morgana: how long will we stay in Appaloosa Plains?


Giselle: as long as needed....


Morgana: what if I don't like my cousins? Can we come back straight away in that case? I don't like people...


Giselle: don't worry sweetheart, I promise you you will like this holiday....












Morgana: .... I'm not so sure.....


Kent: hey hon, so, have you talked to her?


Giselle: yes, she's totally happy with this trip!


Kent: uhm really? It doesn't sound like her...



Giselle: okay, she's a little perplexed but she'll have to deal with it...this trip is a good thing, although she doesn't realise it yet...


Kent: but maybe we should just let her be who she is...a wild girl loving the outdoors and stranded islands and disliking the company of those of her own kind!

Giselle: yes...but we're getting old, Kent....we need to make sure she'll be able to survive in this wild world, when we'll be gone...

Kent: hey babe, we're not that old!

Giselle: but we will be...and I'm worried...the world is not a peaceful stranded island you know...


Random resort employee: Excuse me, ma'am, just wanted to tell you your luggages are ready but there was a problem with the plane reservation...they overbooked the seats and apparently there's no place left...but there's always the pirate boat option...


Giselle: oh, but it takes so long! I hoped we could get there sooner...oh well, if there's no other option available....I guess the pirate boat will do....


Giselle: after all, it's the one which brought us away from Appaloosa Plains and to Barnacle Bay, that first time, many years ago...maybe it's destiny we have to go back on the same boat... it's a deal then, Appaloosa Plains, we're coming back.....



The end!


I hope you liked this short spin-off of generation 2!
If you want to know what happened next, tune in when chapter 24 of generation 3 of the Love Legacy is released ;) Hopefully very soon!

The resort used for Giselle's Mermaid Love Resort is Hotel del Coronado Resort, created by Anches and available on the exchange here





No comments:

Post a Comment