Monday 21 October 2013

The Love Legacy - Generation 3 Chapter 13

Hello everyone and welcome back to the Love Legacy!

Last time the Loves celebrated a wonderful Snowflake Day....Santa Plumbob brought a new family member, two new babies and one on the way!
But poor Theodore would always remember that day as the day where he realised he was in love...and that the girl he loved loved him back! But it was too late and she was leaving town with another man!
She couldn't do that....it wasn't fair! Or could she?





Theodore couldn't sleep. He couldn't stopo thinking of the last night's events...he just couldn't accept that he had realised his feelings for Hildur too late! He had to do something... he had to talk to her!

So in the wee hours of morning he went straight to the room that used to be his grandmother's and that now belonged to Hildur...

Theodore: Hildur....wake up....we need to talk!


Hildur:....w--what? Goodness Theodore! What time is it? You nearly gave me a heart attack! Couldn't you see I was sleeping? Why on earth did you wake me up?


Theodore: we need to talk Hildur! How could you possibly sleep after last night? I couldn't stop thinking!


Hildur: Theo...I don't think there's anything more to say...

Theodore: there is! You should not go to Monte Vista with that...man....


Hildur: he's my boyfriend Theo...


Theodore: boyfriend! I can't believe it...but then, why didn't you bring him home? uh? You don't love this guy Hildur, I know it!

Hildur: stop it Theodore...I need coffee....


Theodore: I will not stop it! Until you listen to me!



Hildur: listen to what, exactly? I need to get coffee...


Theodore: screw the coffee Hil! You can't possibly move to another town! Haven't you thought of Ori? Does she want to go?

Hildur: she doesn't know yet

Theodore: well, I don't think she'll like to move out! You can't take her away with you Hil! She likes it here...she's happy here!



Hildur: And since when do you know what my girl needs or wants?

Theodore: we already had this conversation Hil...and despite your pride, you very well know you and Oriana are better off here, with us! So why leave? You can become a pop star here, if that's what you want!


Hildur: oh yeah right! Why didn't I think of it before!


Theodore: ...you didn't?


Hildur: of course I did Theo! But this place is lame! There's no way I can get beyond the sing-a-gram level...nobody cares of famous singers here in the countryside!


Theodore: that's because we never had any, but you could be the first! If only...

Hildur: no! Why are you doing this to me Theo? It's already hard as it is, don't make it harder!

Theodore: well, if it's that hard...then stay!

Hildur: you know I can't! You know why I'm doing this Theodore...I've always wanted to provide for me and my kid, alone! Now, I got this opportunity and I think it's just what we need...


Theodore: opportunity! It's not love Hildur, you don't love that man...


Hildur: oh yeah, now you even know who I love best than I do, right?


Theodore: yes...because I know you love me!

Hildur: what!


Hildur: what....


Theodore: I love you Hildur...


Hildur: Theodore.....


Theodore: I just realised it but it can't be too late...so don't leave with someone you don't love...I know you love me...


Hildur: stop saying that Theodore! Do you know how much I've wanted to hear those words from you?But not now! Yes, it is true, I have loved you in the past...and maybe I still do, a bit, but that doesn't change things! What did you expect, that I would wait for you forever? No way! You know me, I want to be independent and I don't want to stay here any longer! Your family has been kind enough...but you knew I would move out at some point!


Theodore: yes but...not like this! And I don't think it's wise to live together with someone you don't love....


Hildur: listen, it was a hard decision to take and yes, I didn't know you liked me at the time, but now it's too late to take it back, I have.. WE have everything settled and we are moving to Monte Vista tomorrow. Period. And if you think you can take me out of my decision by saying you love me...well, you're totally wrong! You've loved me since what, last night? I've had feelings for you for the most of my life. You won't make me change my mind just because you just realised you want me to stay!


Theodore: but...


Hildur: no buts! Whether you like it or not, me and Oriana are leaving tomorrow!



Hildur: I'm sorry Theodore, don't make it harder than it already is, please...We really need to go...


Theodore: okay then....if that's really what you want....


Oriana: NO!!!!! I don't want to go!


Hildur: Ori...don't do that...


Oriana: don't Ori me mum! You decided to leave without even telling me!


Hildur: but I was going to!


Oriana: you didn't even tell me you had a boyfriend!

Theodore: now, that's a point....


Hildur: now, I think we should be discussing this alone....


Theodore: right, I'll be going then...


Hildur: Now, I'm sorry I didn't tell you before Ori, but I know what's good for us and..


Oriana: no you don't! You don't know what's good for me!


Oriana: you're never here, you don't know what I like, you don't know how I feel! you never listen to me! You're never there mum!


Hildur: now, that's unfair kid! I gave you birth so I know what's best for you! A mother always know!

Oriana: well, if you did...if you really did, you would know that I'd rather be left here, without you, than move out to some unknown place! 

Caroline: Ori...what's going on....


Hildur: what! After your father left us both....you'd rather lose your only parent than leave this household! I can't believe this!


Oriana: Because my only mother doesn't care of what her only daughter thinks, when she takes decisions! 

Hildur: that's not true...that's not fair! Mind what you say kid!

Oriana: really? Then what mother would ask her child to move out with a man she doesn't even know!

Hildur: I know him!

Oriana: I meant me! Not only I don't know him, you haven't ever talked of him!

Theodore: again, that's a good point....

Hildur: shut up Theodore!

Caroline: Ori....


Shameka: oh goodness....better flee unnoticed before the storm blows....


Caroline: it's already blowing, grandma....


Oriana: you know what mum? If you care more of this unknown man than of your daughter, fine! You go, but I'll stay!


Hildur: is that what you really want? You don't even know if they want you to stay...they're not your family Ori!

Caroline: we are.... and Ori can stay with us if she wants!


Oriana: thank you...


Hildur: good. Fine. That's it. You can stay here with your new family kid. I hope you have a nice life!

Theodore: this is not going well...is it?


Hildur: fine. I'm going. I hope you're happy now, Theodore. You managed to separate my daughter from me.


Theodore: I certainly didn't want this, Hildur! But I had told you...it's you who should---


Hildur: I'm going. Tonight. Since it's just me, I don't have much stuff to pack. I hope you all are happy.


Caroline: Ori....you okay....

Oriana: no.....

Caroline: do you want to cry? Because, it's okay, I'm here, if you want to cry...



Oriana: no....I'm a big girl now...and it was my decision...I'm not going to cry...


Theodore didn't know what to do....he didn't know you could feel so many feelings at the same time!

He was happy he had "won the fight", he was happy Oriana wanted to stay...but he really didn't want to part a child from her mother... he had hoped Oriana would make Hildur see reason but he knew she was obstinate, and now she was leaving on her own. He was angry at her but couldn't imagine having her around every day...how was life before they had both moved in the main legacy household with their daughters? He couldn't really remember...


Since he couldn't decide what to do and he really didn't want to cross Hildur's path again, he decided to respond to his niece's cry for attention and went to the nursery to give Catherine a cuddle...



Catherine: uncle Theo...why you upset?


Theodore: aaah kid....life is so complicated....


Catherine: daddy! Uncle Theodore is sad....how can we make him happy?


Arni: hey man....

Theodore: and I suppose you heard everything....


















Juliet: Theodore...I know it's hard but...she has to make her own choices, good or bad as they may be ...you can't stop her, you know that...

Theodore: but it's not fair! She's doing something extremely stupid and she also leaving her daughter behind!

Juliet: but you can't force her to stay if she doesn't want Theo...you have to accept she is moving on with someone else...she wants that Theo!

Theodore: yes but....now I know I want her to stay! I love her gran!

Juliet: well, that was about time you realised that Theo, but it may be too late, she decided to go and you have to accept her decision...we all wanted for you to be together but we don't always get what we want, do we? Life has its own plans...

Theodore: but I can't just let her go! What if---

Juliet: you can....you must! She'll hate you if you don't...you have to respect her choices Theo...but then, if something just has to happen, it will! At some point...again, life has its own ways of fixing things...ways that we don't imagine!

Theodore: if you say so, gran...

Catherine: if you say so, gran!

Juliet: little Kitty...adults' lives are complicated, aren't they?

Catherine: *giggles*

Juliet: but you know what? Boys and girls are different...but there's one thing you have to remember: when you grow up, if you like someone, you should tell them right away! Agreed?

Caroline: I'd better go talk to dad...I'm sure he can talk your mother out of it...he must do that! Otherwise our plan is doomed...

Oriana: Caroline, I don't think there's any way to make her change her mind...we have to accept it...

Caroline: no way, we can't give up on the plan!

Tobias: what's going on here? I heard people shouting...


Oriana: well, the thing is...my mum is leaving...for Monte Vista...with another man. 






Tobias: what!!!!! she can't do that!

Oriana: Your uncle was upset but she doesn't change her mind. I had to go to but I said I'm staying

Tobias: oh my goodness...but she can't leave if you're staying...she won't leave you here...will she?

Oriana: she's pretty upset...I think she will....


Hildur left that night. It was hard...extremely hard...but she was so upset, at everyone! Her heard ached at the thought of leaving Oriana behind but... she had arranged everything already, she couldn't allow herself to change her plan...she needed some stability and he was going to give her that...and when she would be famous, maybe she would come back to get her daughter and they would go on holiday together, somewhere exotic maybe. This was the only thought that gave her strength to go on. She was extremely upset with everyone, specially Theodore. Why on earth did he have to realise his feelings now? He had seen her only as a friend for all his life...why now? But she was resolute, she had someone else now and was going to start a new life. Period!



Caroline: Ori...your mum is leaving...


Oriana: I don't care...

Caroline: don't you want to go say goodbye?

Oriana: .....


Hildur had almost reached the taxi when she felt footsteps behind her....


Oriana: mum, wait!


Oriana! Had she decided to join her to Monte Vista?



Hildur: Oriana...I happy you came...tell me you changed your mind and you'll come with me...


Oriana: mum...I'm sorry...but I can't... 


Oriana: I'm gonna miss you so much mum... but... I do think you're doing a mistake and you're going to regret it. I'm not coming but I hope you come back soon.


Hildur: Ori...please...come with me...

Oriana: no mum...you would realise it if you weren't so proud...I'll be waiting here for you. Please come back soon....

Hildur: honey, you know I'm not coming back any soon....


Oriana: I won't come with you mum! I want to stay here, with Theodore and Caroline...we had a plan and you wrecked it!


Hildur: what...




























Oriana: goodbye mum...

Theodore: goodness I can't do this...let's get inside Ori...




Oriana: I will be waiting....I'm sure you will realise your mistake and come back...please...

But Hildur didn't come back. She took the taxi and was off...what the Loves didn't know, was that she had her moving to Monte Vista was due in one day. So Hildur was still in town...waiting for the time that her boyfriend would pick her up with the moving van....


It was a beautiful sunny day and she had a walk around and went to get an icecream in the café where she used to sing for money.... but she got a bad surprise!


Standing there she found no one else than...


Hildur: Delbert...


Delbert: oh, hi Hildur....

Hildur: hi Hildur? HI HILDUR? You leave your family and disappear for ages, you send me the divorce papers and now you just say "hi Hildur"? You...you...YOU! I didn't even know you were still living here!


Riley: oh look! His ex wife is giving him hell! That's sooo funny! Specially because she doesn't know that he left her for me... and that I'm here to see the scene!



Riley: ha ha ha ha haaaaa *mad laugh*

Autumn: er... Riley? I wouldn't laugh if I were you....

Fiorella: in fact, if I were you, I would just run away and hide before my boyfriend's ex wife saw me...


Riley: goodness...how can she know that it was me? Anyway, she didn't see me...did she?



Riley: you okay Delb? Is she gone?

Delbert: man...that was scary...I need to google up my symptoms to check if I just had a heart attack...


Riley: she didn't see me, did she?

Delbert: dunno, hon...


Riley: but there's no way she could know you left her because of me, right?

Delbert: well, not unless your ex husband told her...

Riley: naah, I don't see how it could be possible...

Creepy humanised IF: I....am....everywhere....and I....see.....everything....


O_o 


On that bright sunny day school was starting again. Oriana was ready and trying to find the strength to face the day, throwing the thought of her mother at the back of her mind.


She wasn't alone, she was surrounded by a loving wonderful family...and dog!

Lumikki: wof! wof! [hey little girl! Get ready, the bus is here!]


Yes, she was ready....kind of.....but at least school would take her mind away!


Oriana: hey, Toby! Aren't you excited that school is starting again?

Tobias: actually....this is my very first school day ever...we've only had snow days since I grew up!

That's actually true! Weird, isn't it? O_o

Tobias: Ori, where are you? Come and sit here with us!

Oriana: nope...I prefer to be on my own...and look out of the window...and let my thoughts fly...


Poor kid :(


That day, when they came back home, the kids decided to build snowmen in front of the house...Juliet surveyed them with her grand-granny watchful eye and wished they could be happy children forever... but she knew they wouldn't, and the girls' birthdays were coming up soon!

But there was another birthday they had to attend first: today was Catherine's big day!!!


The guests brought fancy food, mushroom risotto and vegetables teppan yaki or whatever it's called!

Theodore: can we eat it already?

No...

Theodore: why?

....come on get yourself together man and go celebrate your niece's birthday!


Francisco: oh my goodness! That is Arni Love! And....he's some kind of relative of mine I suppose! Major freakoooooout!


...ooookay, moving on....


Happy birthday Catherine! You're gonna be a big girl! You happy?

Catherine: yeeeeeeesssss! Wanna blow candles! Me wants to blow candles!!!


June: come on sweetie! Three...two....one...

Catherine: *blows*


Juliet: happy birthday honey!!!

Caroline: yaaay happy birthday!!! 

Bonehilda: hey sir.... your butt looks yummy today!

Sebastian: WHAT! Not in front of kids, Bonehilda!

Shameka: and I thought I had seen and heard everything....

......aaaaanyway......where were we.......


ah yes, happy birthday Catherine!!!!!!


Catherine: yay for me!!! I'm going to grow up looking beautiful!


Catherine: aaaaand here I am! Am I cute?

Oriana: er.......


Yesenia: everyone come and see Miss stretchy long legged!

June: now, that's better...

Catherine: am I fixed?

Oriana: happy birthday Catherine!!!!! You aged up really good! Too bad for the squint...


Caroline: heey theeeere! I can't get to the cake!!!

Not. Again. There's a huge room there and people get stuck! aaaargh X@


Catherine: hey brother! I aged up! Do I look good? Did the squint pass?

Tobias: sure sis, you're always my cute little sister!


Bonehilda: heey, I can't get to the cake! I need to put it in the fridge!

June: I don't think so, you useless skeleton...the party just got started!


June: hey kid! How come you got your piece of cake before me, I'm the mother and founder of this generation for Plumbob's sake!


Catherine: so, what should my birthday wish be? Should I ask for a pony?

Juliet: mmm I don't think we have enough space for that dear...


Catherine: why can't I get a pony? Why?

Sorry hon, no room for a horse...

Catherine: and why are you always taking pictures of me?

Because I want to show the world how cute you are <3


Juliet: hey Arni, your daughter just grew up...isn't it amazing? It seems like yesterday she was born! And now another baby is on the way! Isn't it great? Looking at your family grow?


Caroline: aww little Kitty grew up! Isn't she adorable?


Caroline: ....Placing dirty dishes above the dishwasher so that someone else has to put them inside....





Caroline: ...and placing herself in front of the dishwasher so that nobody else can use it....so that I have to wash my dish in the sink....isn't she adorable? .....wait...something's wrong here.....


Juliet: .......

Arni: well...she got the snob trait when she grew up, I don't think she's pretty keen on washing her own dishes...



To be continued....


So, Hildur has left eventually! Will she come back or will she stay in Monte Vista? How will Oriana cope with her mother's absence? Will Theodore be able to face the new situation? Tune in for next chapter of the Love Legacy! Coming a.s.a.p. ;)

Byeeeee

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooooh! Dang! Hildur is being so ridiculous! Poor Theo! I hope everything works out for the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, she's very proud and wishes she could make it on her own...she thinks that by getting a lot of money she'll be able to offer Oriana a better life but doesn't really think of what her daughter really wants...so yeah, she took the wrong decision but she doesn't know yet :D she will though! in a little while :)

      Delete