Saturday 5 October 2013

Giselle's adventures in wonderland - A Love Legacy spin-off - Part 5































Time passed. Rainy fall was slowly fading into colder winter but there was no sign of mersims of any kind.

Ricky spent hours staring at the sea, since he couldn't go swimming because of the rain and the cold, in the hope that his friends would eventually come to his call. But nothing. He was starting to think that his sister was right, he had indeed dreamt of it all....

But little Morgana was still confident. Now a little girl, she adored her uncle Ricky and believed all the stories of merpeople he used to tell her. In her heart she knew her uncle was right and she kept waiting for a sign of a fin or a head surfacing from the sea. Every morning and every evening she checked the blue flat, now foggy mass that was the ocean. But nothing ever caught her eye....

But she was confident that Maya the mermaid, the one that her uncle seemed to fancy, would come to find him at last. And she would lead them all to some wonderful place only mermaids knew about, and her mother and father would have to believe her uncle, once and for all. Yes, that's exactly what would happen. At some point.

Morgana: mum ....where's uncle Rick?

Giselle: I don't know kid...I believe he set off for one of his wanderings...

Morgana: but why is he never bringing me along? I want to go! I want to explore! I want to see this island he discovered in the summer!

Kent: you can't go kid...not yet...you need to master your swimming skills first and with this weather....

Morgana: I know I know.... but it sucks! When is summer coming back?

Giselle: well, we need winter to pass...and then there's spring... I guess it will be rainy in spring as well but probably the weather will be warmer and you might start your swimming lessons on sunny days....

But Morgana loved the rain! She loved water in every form. Salty, sweet, pouring from the sky...whatever! And most of all she loved swimming! In fact, she had a dream of becoming a mermaid one day. Living in the water seemed to be a bliss to her!

Besides, she thought the more water her body absorbed under the rain, the sooner she would be able to become a mermaid!

So that night, scanning the surface of the ocean for a sign of her uncle coming back home under the heavy rain, she felt totally fulfilled....

...and at last, she spotted something! A boat....

Morgana: mum .... mum!!! he's coming back.... I guess....isn't it our boat? And....is there someone else on it?

Giselle: I can't tell....the rain is too heavy....but yes I think I'm seeing someone else...with a very bright hair colour! It looks like...it shimmers for some reason!

Morgana: cool! It must be Maya then!

Giselle: who?

Morgana: uncle Ricky's mermaid girlfriend!

Giselle: oh come o----

Giselle: gosh, is it really....a mer....maid....I see.... the fins....oh goodness I'm going to faint....

Morgana: that was about time.... hey uncle Rick! Can you hear me? It was about time!

Ricky: yes kid, it was....but see, as I promised, now you get to meet a real mermaid! Maya? These are my sister and her kid....

Giselle: ...........

Morgana: so....do you think she can sing me one of her songs? You told me she's singing in that mersims orchestra....is she ....do you think she could....

Ricky: of course kid, just go ahead and ask away!

Giselle: I....I don't know what to think.....I think we should all get home.....

Morgana: so....you're Maya right? Your hair is so cool! So, could you please sing me one of your mermaid songs?

Ricky: Gi....you okay?

Giselle: so.....she's real then....

Ricky: she is....

Giselle: then I guess.... I'm sorry.... I just didn't think it was possible...I just didn't think this kind of sims existed! I feel so stupid now....

Ricky: it's okay sis....

Morgana: ....oh, don't worry if you're tired, you can stay at our place! Come, wanna see my doll house? Uncle Ricky built it for me!

Kent: hey guys, what's going on here? And who's.....

Ricky: she's Maya....

Kent: oh. And is she.....

Ricky: a mermaid, yes. I told you....

Kent: yeah but.... a mermaid! So, they really exist....wow....

Ricky: again, I told you .....

Kent: yeah...sorry man...I think we have to excuse ourselves....

Ricky: no worries, but now let's get home okay? I have something to tell you....well, Maya does!

Giselle: so.....

Kent: so.....

Ricky: so..... Maya has something to tell you .... something big!

Ricky: come on, don't be shy .... tell them....

Maya: okay then. It may come as a bit of a shock but....

Maya: maybe, just maybe, I know how to get you out of this remote island.....

Ricky: and how wonderful is that people! We can get out and be back to the civilized side of the world yippeee!

Maya: yeah... I've been there....there's an island...or well, more than one....that are inhabited. And it looks like they're some kind of holiday paradise or something.

Ricky: soooo cool.....

Maya: only problem is, I can swim fast but if you go by boat it will take you ages to get there....

Ricky: meh, why is there always a negative side?

Maya: but if you agree to come with me, I can lead the way...it will take several days, weeks maybe, and the weather is kinda rough now but....if you agree I can help you get back to the place where you belong....

Maya: I feel for you....all this time, all alone on this desert island....and Ricky told me everything about your history....and this little girl....who knew only of this place! I can't force you but I do think we can make it.... it's gonna be hard but....what do you think? I can only offer my help....I can't do more than that....

Ricky: sis...what do you say? you're the captain...you know that.... so you get the last word...

Giselle: I don't know... what if we don't make it? The weather is awful, we could die.... and we found a comfortable place here....maybe we should wait for summer? Besides, it might be a too long voyage for Morgana....what do you think hon?

Morgana: I don't know.... I like it here.... I don't want to leave this place..... on the other hand, I'm curious to see how other kids live...in other islands...I'd love to have someone of my age to play with...maybe...


Maya: but once you settle down into civilized life again, with a proper boat you'll be able to come visit this place again!

Giselle: now, Maya, why are you so willing to take us all away from this place? I mean, what do you get if we leave?

Maya: why would I want to get something? I just want to help....because Ricky's a friend of mine and I want to know that he and those he loves are safe and living the life they're supposed to, among other people, that's all... besides, under the sea we're feeling the earth shaking....this area is full of volcanoes, they are born and die....but you never know where the next one is gonna appear. And I don't want you to be stranded on a desert island if one appears right beside you.....

Kent: that's admirable....and scary! I didn't know about the volcanoes....so, what do you say hon? I do think we should try....

Giselle: I don't know....

Morgana: muum? I think I want to go....and if we don't like it, Maya can lead us back, can't she?

Giselle: well then I suppose it's fine....we'll go.....

Morgana: yeeees! Thank you mum! At last I can get to explore as well! It's gonna be our family adventure! Isn't it thrilling? Woooo hooo! I can't wait to explore! And it will be like we were pirates sailing on our ship looking for new treasures and islands!

Kent: like mother like daughter, Giselle.....

Maya: well then, if this is settled, I suggest we leave tomorrow morning at sunrise....it will be a long journey and it's good if we leave with sunshine...

Kent: how do you know the weather will be good tomorrow? It's been raining for ages...

Maya: being a mermaid has its privileges...we live at a close contact with nature and the elements, we just know this kind of things....



Ricky: well then, I think we should all go to sleep...do you...I mean...I have extra space in my tent...

Maya: what?

Ricky: I mean, I can leave you my tent if you like...

Maya: thank you, but no...I prefer to sleep in the outdoor, if I can't be in the ocean...this bench will work perfectly fine for me...

Ricky: well then...uh... I leave you to your bench.... er... goodnight....












Morgana was the first to wake up the following morning.
She just couldn't wait to start her adventure!

Her heart ached at the thought to leave the island though.... it was the only place she had ever known, it was her whole world! But on the other hand, the thought of sailing away with her family for some unknown land...it was thrilling! Together with the fact that they would be out at sea for who knows how much time! She loved the thought of living a few days on the ocean itself....

Ricky: so, it looks like Maya was right, we're really going to have a sunny day today! Amazing!

Giselle: yes....maybe it's a sign....

Ricky: are you scared?

Giselle: a little....

Ricky: no way, the great pirate captain Giselle scared of sailing! That's strange, isn't it?

Giselle: but what if Maya is wrong and we get lost in the middle of the ocean? What if we never find land? What if someone gets hurt? Think about Morgana....

Ricky: well, it looks like this time on the island kinda changed you sis! Your daughter's needs come first than your passion for being a pirate and sailing away...I would have never thought that one day I would hear you say those words!

Giselle: oh stop it Rick....you know what I've been through....how could you think being a pirate captain is still my priority? I'd give everything just to make sure that my girl is well and healthy...

Ricky: well, sis, I'm really happy you think this way. Because see, this time I think Morgana will be perfectly happy to sail with us and join the pirate crowd....so, you see, you get the two things you love the most at the same time: being a pirate captain and bringing your happy daughter along!

Giselle: but what if---

Ricky: we'll be fine Gi, everyone will be fine and happy. Don't worry and trust Maya, she would not lead us to anything dangerous, I know that...

Giselle: I hope so....

Morgana: mummy! What are you doing in your nightgown? Get dressed, we're leaving now, yay!!!!!

Maya: so, are you ready to go Morgana?

Morgana: yes! But hey, what about when we land?

Maya: what do you mean?

Morgana: will you stay with us then? We could play together and you could teach me how to swim like a mermaid! 

Maya: oh honey that's so sweet of you...but I don't think I can stay...

Morgana: why not?

Maya: I belong to the ocean, darling....

Morgana: then I can be a mermaid like you! I'm sure there's some way to make my legs become a fish tail....

Maya: no, sweetheart, you belong to your family...but I promise you I'll come back to visit and play with you, okay?

Morgana: okay....but I don't think uncle Ricky will be pleased!

So, the family jumped in the little boat that Ricky and Kent had repaired and set off....

with Maya back in her mermaid form and leading the way.....

....to the unknown!

Leaving all they had behind, the Loves set off for their adventure. They knew what they left, but not what they will get....

Ricky was over confident while Giselle couldn't make the scare that inhabited her heart leave. She didn't want to put her precious child in danger and her wild pirate spirit had tamed a little with all what she had endured. 
Morgana was thrilled, of course, she didn't see all the dangers that could hide under and above the sea.
And Kent...well, he just wanted his wife and girl to be happy. And he really hoped Giselle would be happy again in the civilized world...because he longed to set roots with his family somewhere and stop wandering around the world....




To be continued ......



No comments:

Post a Comment