Friday 4 October 2013

Giselle's adventures in wonderland - A Love Legacy spin-off - Part 4






























Time seemed to be spinning.
It seemed yesterday that Morgana was born ... and now she was already too big for her cradle!


Looking at the amazing starred sky on the island, holding his little girl, Kent thought he was the happiest man on earth. It didn't matter they were still stranded in the middle of nowhere ... he was holding his daughter, a daughter he had thought he would never have ... but the island had done the miracle! And he was so grateful for this wonderful gift ....

Morgana was a happy little girl, she laughed a lot and loved the life outdoor on the island ... she had no toys except an old rag doll that had once belonged to Giselle but she was content. She hadn't experienced any other kind of life before, and her world seemed the best one, in her eyes.

Giselle was proud of her little girl! She was growing up just fine!

Kent was teaching her to walk these days and Morgana was almost a pro! She was very clever and a quick learner. Maybe it was all that fresh air and sunshine ...


Today was an important day: it was time to teach Morgana how to swim. Or at least, to get her acquainted with that big salty mass of water that was the ocean.

Ricky, now a top scuba diver, really hoped his niece would become a good swimmer, he would have loved to swim with her to the new island he had found, when she grew up.

Giselle and Kent weren't that good swimmers in fact, and the new island was too far away for them. They would need to work on that boat more!

Morgana: mummy, what are you doing! I don't want to get down in the water ... it looks cold ... and ... watery!

Giselle: don't worry sweetheart, I promise you you're gonna like it ....

Morgana: I'm not sure mummy .... I think I won't like it at all ...

Giselle: just try once okay ...

Morgana: mmm 'kay ....

Morgana: mummy! That's so cool put me down again! I want to be in the water!

Morgana: hahaha so cool! And uncle Ricky is so crazy! That's so funny mummy!

And Ricky was having the time of his life  :D

Kent joined the party ... and all the family had fun in the ocean together! Morgana was thrilled and thought she had the best family in the world!

While Ricky wasn't enjoying taking care of his niece, he kept exploring the ocean ... hoping to find more interesting things to bring to Morgana.



The more he explored, the nicest things he found ... like this cave! It's called the Mermaid Cave ... Ricky explored it but didn't find any mermaid ... unluckily!

The others didn't believe him yet ... and he really wanted to prove them that he wasn't lying: mersims really existed!

A few times he even encountered dangerous looking sharks ... but luckily none seemed to be interested in him ....


Once he dived so long that didn't have the strength to swim back home and slept in his other island instead.

And that's exactly when it happened ...

During the night a few mersims approached the island ... and one of them was brave enough to go ashore!

Ricky was woken up by a sixth sense telling him he was being watched ... and he found himself face to face with a white haired merman!

He didn't know mersims could walk on land but they did ... their tail disappeared to give place to scaly legs .... fishlike, but still, legs!

The merman in question was named Triton King, and Ricky was so fascinated that he started a conversation that lasted till morning!


Ricky: so ... tell me about your scaly legs ... they look fishy but ... they're legs! Tell me, how come you have legs on land and a fish tail in the water?


Triton: mmm well .... in the water we need the tail to escape sharks ... we can swim faster!

Ricky: oh goodness, sharks! They scare me so much!


While they talked, another mermaid joined in .... The red haired mermaid was named Mia, and Ricky thought she was really beautiful ....

She told him she was friends with Salty - in fact, she was in the orchestra he directed - and he had told them about Ricky. Salty found him interesting, so she and Triton had decided to swim ashore to meet him .... and if he wanted, he could go with them to visit their place! There were at least six of them, living in the mersim communtiy ....



Ricky was thrilled! So Salty wasn't the only one, there were others! He couldn't wait to meet them all ... and if the girls were all attractive as Mia ... well ...one reason more to swim there!

Ricky couldn't tell how much time he passed in the Merpeople's cave but it was a bright end-of-summer morning when he finally came back home...

They were all downstairs, Giselle taking care of the plants, Morgana playing with one of her toys. He couldn't wait to tell them where he had just been and what he had discovered! And who....

Ricky: hey guys! Guys! You're not going to believe what I'm about to tell you!! 

Kent: oh hey you....we thought you had really got lost this time....

Morgana: uncle Ricky!!!!

Ricky: how long have I been away?

Kent: three days man....three days....we were worried! We have learnt that you like to wander around by now but you were away so long! 

Ricky: sorry I didn't realise how much time was passing....

Kent: and where were you? did you find another island? Maybe something lost in the mist of time this time? *laughs*

Ricky: don't joke man....you've no idea where I've been! See, I was sleeping in the island I discovered you know...I had swam too far and it was too late to come back.... I thought I would swim back here in the morning but I got a visit!

Kent: a visit?

Ricky: yes! Mersims! Two of them and they told me that---

Kent: oh stop it Rick! You and those mersims of yours....you know....it's okay if you tell yourself stories because you're lonely but....it's not good when you actually start to believe them to be true you know....

Ricky: I can't believe you don't believe me! I did meet mersims! And they brought me to their secret cave! There were lots of them and----

Kent: yeah....sure thing....

Ricky: whatever...but you do believe me, don't you little one?

Morgana: uncle Rickyyyyyy!!!!!!

Ricky: see, I don't care if your dad doesn't believe me....I know what I saw....and who I talked to! Mersims! They do exist and they are my friends! 

Morgana: mersims! Like those from tales!

Ricky: yes kid, exactly...and they have a cave underwater where they all live but you can't find it on your own, they must bring you there!

Morgana: oooooh....

Giselle: Rick...hon...please don't tell this stuff to the girl... I don't want her to be disappointed when she finds out that mersims don't exist....

Morgana: but mum! You don't understand! Uncle Ricky talked to them! They do exist! Will I get to meet them uncle Ricky?

Ricky: sure thing kiddo! I'm gonna call them with this special shell right now! So you all see that I'm not a liar!

Giselle: Rick....

Ricky: no Gi, I'm tired of you all thinking that I'm out of my mind! I'm perfectly sane and I'll prove it! After I call them, I bet they'll be here in a few hours time!

Giselle: I can't believe he's telling stories to Morgana!

Kent: Giselle...calm down...

Giselle: I mean, if he wants to tell stories to himself, fine. But not to my girl....

Kent: Gi....I don't think he realises...I think the solitude is taking its toll on him....it's not his fault....

Giselle: I know! But we tried to help...and he doesn't want our help, he's totally sure that he's talking to these merpeople! And where was he really for the last three days? Kent, he's ...becoming crazy....I think.... what can we do?

Kent: nothing I fear....but seriously, those stories can do no harm, can they? They're just made up stories....

Morgana: what are we doing uncle Ricky? It's raining...

Ricky: waiting....

Morgana: for your fishy friends? Cool! When are they coming?

Ricky: soon....soon....they must be on their way....they will come....believe me Mor, you'll get to know her too... I'll show you all that I'm not crazy...not at all...

Morgana: her who?

Ricky: Maya....

Morgana: cool! Is she my new aunt?

Ricky: well...

Morgana: cool, auntie is a fishy! Will she show me the merpeople's treasures and secret hiding places?

Ricky: only if you learn to swim like a pro....

Morgana: will you teach me, uncle Ricky?

Ricky: sure kid...as soon as the rain stops....and in the meantime.....

Morgana: ....we wait......



To be continued......

2 comments:

  1. Poor Ricky :P Is he going to become a mersim? :D And marry the pretty redhead? That would be cool. Nice work with the screenshots and using Isla Paradiso. Their bunk house is pretty awesome ;) I wonder what will happen next :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you ^_^ Hehe well...no...and no ;) but that was close :D anyway you'll soon find out because the next part is already half written :D

      Delete