Sunday 22 September 2013

The Love Legacy - Generation 3 Chapter 11

Hello everyone and welcome back to the Love Legacy!

Last time I left you with tons of questions.... some of them will find an answer in this chapter....for some other you'll have to wait....

But here's the answer to the most important of all:


Bonehilda: good morning My lady....

Hildur: morning....is there something to eat?

Bonehilda: yes, in the fridge. Help yourself madam ... and if you manage to reach the fridge, leave it open for me okay?

Theodore: what?


Hildur: uh.... I don't think I can get to the fridge .... something's blocking the way!

Theodore: but there's nothing blocking the way Hildur!

Bonehilda: there is! I've been stuck here trying to open the fridge for the last hour and still I can't get to it!

Theodore: then it must be you.....you got the fridge glitched! Now, move your boney butt from there and do some laundry!

Bonehilda: but I can't.... I must clean the fridge first.....

Theodore: BONEHILDAAAAAAAAAAAA :@:@


Holy plumbob, Bonehilda is really getting on my nerves :@ she does nothing all day...just stares at the void and complains something's in the way :@ if she wasn't so funny to take picture of I'd have her gone on the spot >.<

June: What was that Arni?

Arni: what?

June: someone screamed....should we go check?

Arni: mmm I'm sure everything's under control... we can check later....I think we should concentrate on the massage now....

June: "We"? I don't see how you need to concentrate on receiving a massage Arni... *giggles*

Arni: hey ... do you think the igloo worked?

June: I don't know... I don't feel anything yet...

Arni: but let's be confident, okay?

June: let's keep fingers crossed....


Tobias: hey grand-grandpa Benjamin! How are you doing today? Fancy playing some table tennis with me?

Benjamin: uh? Do I know you? I was looking for Juliet .... can't find her ....

Tobias: gran gran is somewhere around! But I can tell her you're looking for her if you want ...

Benjamin: right... I have to go now but ... tell her I'll be back soon okay?

Tobias: mmmm I'm not sure this is good actually ....

Sebastian: hey look! I just finished a masterpiece!

Mmmm and what does it show exactly?

Sebastian: family ties in the Love extended family

XD XD XD

The days passed and it was almost time to decorate the house for Snowflake Day!

June and Arni had a surprise for the kids... they would bring them all to the new Snowflake Market that night! There had never been such a Market in Appaloosa Plains before, it was a brand new thing... but it would be fun for sure! And they could buy the tree and all the decorations all togeher and eat a cup of chocolate!

Theodore couldn't wait to tell his daughter... he knew she would love that! But he didn't dare to disturb her painting... and smiled when he saw the kids playing together in the nursery. No more fights, the girls seemed to get along better and better... that was good and it was thanks to Hildur! She had opened his eyes...and he had really found his daughter. There was no way he could repay her...




Besides, Hildur was again working all day long. Arni wasn't sure she would make it...but at least she could join them in decorating the house later on!
Something was going on between Hildur and Theodore, Arni sensed it. Despite what June said, he was sure his sister had something going on in her mind and there was some other reason than money that made her working so much.
On the other hand, Theodore seemed perfectly happy and normal. He looked a totally different person than the man who had crashed to their place when his wife had left him! Obviously he wasn't noticing that something was wrong with Hildur.


As Theodore had noticed, the girls were actually starting to bond. They still didn't admit that they were friends, but they talked more and had meals together.

Caroline: so...how do you like living here? I have to say it's cramped...but it's so much fun!

Shameka: eeeeeeeeeek! *steam coming out of ears*

Thanks for the blooper Sham.... what exactly are you doing??


Shameka: the food ..... SPICY!!!!!!!!!!

What a face XD XD XD XD

Arni: good evening girls! Oh how lovely to see you both having dinner together! Was that good?

Oriana: yeah .... but it seemed to have strange effects on granny Shameka...

Shameka wasn't really Oriana's grandmother, but living there with them all, she felt like she was. Besides, she had never met her grandmother Jean or grandfather Harry. And she wasn't sure she wanted either, they were on her dad's side. She was pretty content to call Theodore dad and Shameka&Sebastian granny and grandpa. After all, it wasn't always blood that defined who your loving family was, right?

Caroline: there you are Ori, couldn't find you anywhere! oh hey Hildur! Did you have dinner already? Because if you didn't, don't eat what gran gran cooked! It's too spicy!

Hildur: thanks kid ... but I don't think I'll have any dinner, I'm not feeling well ....

Oriana: I'm trying to see if I can make her feel better but she said she just wants to sleep... but maybe you can help me convince her to tell us a bedtime story?

Caroline: oh please! Tell us a story....I miss the stories my mum used to tell me when I was younger ... please, could you tell us a story?

Hildur: alright alright girls, but just because I'm happy to see you're friends now. And just one story, I'm tired...so come on, jump on the bed and get ready Caroline ....

Caroline: thank you!!! but wait, maybe I should call dad, I'm sure he would enjoy the story too!

Hildur: uhm...no I think the story I'm going to tell you today will be boring for him... why don't we keep it just for us girls?

The following day was again a snow day, and brought a suprise for the kids! As planned, Theodore, June and Arni brought them to visit the brand new Snowflake Market!

Lots of stands selling all kinds of Snowflake decorations and food were standing all around a small ice skating ring, and the smell of hot chocolate, gingerbread and sausages was filling the air...if you saw Santa Plumbob grilling stuff .... that would not seem out of place at all!

The kids were so thrilled that Caroline and Oriana even skated together! And enjoyed it!

While Toby thought that the only thing that magic place needed was a snowman...and he set himself to work to build one!


Even little Catherine was excited, Snowflake Time looked like the best in the whole year!

Soon noon came and the Loves started to get hungry... Caroline was the only one who dared try the gingerbread biscuits standing in the gingerbread stand....

The others were waiting for the sausages Arni had started to grill .... while June enjoyed her eggnog!

Finally lunch was ready! The lot was joined by grandpa Sebastian who apparently had to talk about who knows what with the lady selling hot chocolate in order to get celebrity points...

Lunch was almost over when the sky became grey and the snow began to fall....now, it really looked like a Snowflake Time winter Wonderland!

Sebastian decided to enjoy the place and started reading a book on a bench...under the snowfall, of course!


While the kids decided to take a more accurate tour of the stands to choose which decorations they would buy....

First and foremost they needed stockings! the bigger, the better, right? ;)

And a tree was also needed!

Caroline: Ori...which one do you think your mum would like best?

Oriana: uhm...can't tell...pretty anything I guess!

Theodore: why don't we buy a big one? Like that one at the back? We have a big living room so we need a big tree!

Tobias: and we also need garlands! Look, there are so many of them here!

Arni: right...it's so hard to choose...which one do you like best June?

June: oooooh so many garlands....with so many ribbons...and pretty lights....I love Snowflake Time!

Tobias: Can we take them all then? Please? I'd love to decorate the house exactly like this stand!

Arni: well, that would be very expensive son... but you can take a picture if you wish....

Caroline: dad.... that was an amazing day! Thank you...

Theodore: I'm glad you liked.... I hoped you would...

It was the first time Caroline spontaneously hugged him! It was a wonderful feeling! He couldn't believe how much things had changed in such a short time.... how much he had grown close to his daughter! And he realised he was a better person now. And he would never ever go back to the previous situation... maybe the break up with Riley had been a good thing... well, not really a good thing perhaps, but it certainly had brought pleasant surprises in his life...first of all, the improved relationship with his daughter. And then... Hildur... it was thanks to her he felt this way actually. And it was great to have her in his life again! Too bad she was always working and wasn't able to come to the Market...

So....I guess you're happy again Theo?

Theodore: well, yes! The wounds haven't healed completely yet though...I still think of Riley sometimes but I'm mostly angry. And taking care of Caroline is...well, I feel whole! I like being a dad you know...

Good....good! ^_^ but wait.... who's that sim walking in the background? Looks familiar....could it be....

Lily! You're pregnant!!!! And you're walking in the snow in your night gown T_T

Lily: well, I needed some fresh air, you know ....

As you wish....but now, come and say hi to your dad, siblings, nephews and nieces!

While waiting for Lily to actually get in, another familiar face ran nearby.... poor Damien still wears watermelon shorts for outwear...poor kid....

Arni: hey June...is that Lily approaching? Is she...OMG!

June: what?

Arni: she's only wearing a night gown! In this cold and snow! You should tell her off June, she's gonna catch a bad flu!

Not to mention, she's pregnant Arni....that was the OMG thing....

Arni: oh yeah, that as well ....

XD XD XD

Tobias: Ori? What are you doing in a ballet suit? Heard what dad said about aunt Lil? You're gonna catch the flu as well!

Oriana: stop blabbing and look here what I can do! I finally learnt how to plié!

Tobias: how to what?

Oriana: look! I can do a girly girl thing! I didn't think I could at first when Caroline told me but then...look! Ballet is cool! I feel like a swan! Do I look like one?

Tobias: uh...right....sure thing ....

Sebastian: so.... since your sister is busy...looks like I'm gonna be the one to tell you off kid....

Lily: excuse me?

Sebastian: where do you think you're going, dressed up like that with this weather?

Lily: actually I was expecting a different greeting dad...

Sebastian: like what?

Lily: like "hey, you're pregnant, congratulations"

Sebastian: you what? Ooooh I hadn't noticed kid, I'm sorry! Does that mean I'm gonna be grandpa again?

Lily: of course....

Sebastian: that is soooo cool!!!! But still, could you wear something more appropriate? Now more than ever you shouldn't freeze...

Lily: right...right...you happy?

Sebastian: that's better yes....now, let me listen to my baby grandchild kicking...

Arni: June...have you heard?

June: yes! I'm so happy for my little Lily! And I can't wait to meet my baby nephew or niece!

Arni: yes yes...but hey...just to make sure....we're standing right beside an igloo you know....

Tobias: okay Kitty, I think you should close your eyes now....

Catherine: what? Why?

Tobias: it's a...uh... little game! Just do what I'm doing...

Tobias: Catherine, I see you, you're peeking!

Catherine: but I don't get it....why should I close my eyes...I wanna look at the lights twinkling!

Oriana: oh please uncle Arni! you two....that's disgusting! ... go get an igloo .....

XD XD XD

It was getting late and it was time to go back home.... but everyone had had so much fun at the Snowflake market! 

Oriana couldn't wait to tell her mum about her wonderful day...and couldn't wait to decorate their own pine tree!

Before leaving they got another surprise...a deer decided to visit the Market as well :D


It was very late when they finally made it home but Hildur wasn't in the mood to hear of their day as Oriana had hoped...


Hildur: there you are Ori! Where have you been? I've been so worried! 

Oriana: we went to the Snowflake Market mum! It was amazing, I wish you could have been there with us... we bought loads of decorations and...

Hildur: but you could have told me you were going to stay out this much! You're not suppused to stay out till 11 p.m. Ori, you know that! And how about school? And homework?

Oriana: but I was with the others...and there's no school mum, it's closed for snow day...and tomorrow it's Snowflake Eve! We don't have much homework to do...and the snow is so high I guess it's gonna be a snow day tomorrow as well!

Hildur: right.... but imagine how I felt when I came home and nobody was there! Juliet and Shameka had left a note saying they had gone to check in at the restaurant and there was no sign of anyone else! I just sat here, waiting for someone to show up...I was worried!






Oriana: okay mum .... I'm sorry....but if you didn't work so much you could have come with us to the market! It's no surprise you never know what I'm doing, since you're never around to see!

Hildur: excuse me?

Oriana: it's true! Even Theo said that...you're never around and then you complain...you work too much while you should take care of me...

Hildur: oooh really....did he say so....

Tobias: I suddenly feel the urge to ask dad to read me a bed time story...nighty night people!

Theodore: uhm....why do I feel like electricity is in the air? Like an invisible lightning is about to struck some unaware one? 

And that would be you Theo! Just get out and stare at the floor.....quick!

Theodore: *gulp*




Oriana: but it's your fault mum! You could choose to be with me but you always choose to work... and now, I really wanted to tell you how wonderful our day has been and I couldn't wait to decorate the tree with you but...you don't understand anything about how I feel, you just care about yourself and money...

Hildur: mind the way you talk kid...now, go to bed, we'll talk again tomorrow after you excuse yourself. I need to have a conversation with your dear "Theo"...

Theodore: mmm I could still get out of the main door and run for dear life...

Too late Theo....too late....

Hildur: so....

Theodore: so....

Hildur: what are those things you're saying to my child? Who do you think you are to judge me and teach me how to deal with my child? That's kinda amusing, isn't it? YOU, who didn't even know how to deal with your child, telling ME how to educate mine...ha!


Theodore: well, honestly Hildur, I know I'm not a pro but you aren't either! Oriana misses you so much... she's such a dear child, she deserves a little more than seeing her mum only before going to bed and getting an unfair talk on Snowflake Eve's....eve!

Hildur: what! she knows she must be home for 6 p.m. it's the rule! And she needs to study, I want her to go to college and...

Theodore: but have you ever asked her what she wants?

Hildur: what! Excuse me, but what Oriana wants is only my business. Not yours for sure. I'm her mum and I know what's best for her!

Theodore: well, Hildur, we're friends so I feel I really need to tell you I think you're doing it all wrong...

Hildur: wrong! Do you really think that working to earn money to give my daughter a better life is wrong? Sorry if I don't have parents to crash at. I'm grateful to your family for hosting us here, but I don't want to live off them. I want to earn my money to provide for me and my daughter. She'll have presents on Snowflake Day because of that! I don't care if you're mummy's boy who doesn't need to contribute to the family income. I think it's just right to provide for ourselves.

Theodore: what! are you insulting me or what?

Hildur: why, you get to play the loving daddy part, of course! you're at home doing nothing all day because your family doesn't dare to ask anything from you, thank you very much! You're lucky you have one loving and caring family who would do everything for you! Well, I don't. And neither does Oriana, unluckily. So I need to earn our living...

Theodore: now, just to make things clear, my sister married your brother, so this is also your family, you know. So don't go on saying crazy things! They're happy to care for you and Oriana, never doubt that!




Hildur: I know but I just can't bear to live off somebody else! And I don't see how this could be wrong... now, if you excuse me, I'm going to bed... I have to wake up early tomorrow to go to work...they pay double for Snowflake sing-a-grams!

Theodore: tomorrow! You can't work tomorrow Hil! It's Snowflake's Eve .... we're going to decorate the tree all together....she said that---

Hildur: good night Theodore.

Theodore: yeah, do as you please, break her heart....  I don't know if you ever realised that Hil, but the thing your daughter needs most it's her mother! No matter how many presents she'll get, she won't be happy without you, think about that!

Caroline: hey....

Oriana: hey....

Caroline: looks like they're having quite an argument inside....

Oriana: yeah.... I'm so mad at her! Why can't she just....see?

Caroline: I don't know...

Oriana: at least your dad doesn't work all day...he sees what you do and has time for you...while I'm always alone! I wish I had a dad like him...

Caroline: and I wish I had a mum....I wish my mum didn't run away...or at least I wish she had said goodbye to me...

Oriana: well, I can lend you mine if you want! But I warn you, she might disappear for days...

Caroline: *giggles* well, that's better than nothing!

Oriana: at least you have your dad....I only wish my dad was like yours...loving and caring and bringing us all to Snowflake Market...I never really knew my dad actually...but I'd love to have a dad like yours...

Caroline: well...I think he would be happy to know you think of him as your ideal dad you know...

Oriana: hey, wait!

Caroline: what?

Oriana: I just had an idea! Wow that would be....if it worked....wow! 


Caroline: what is that about?

Oriana: okay listen...I know you hated me at first but I think we got over it right?

Caroline: right...I'm sorry I gave you a hard time but I was just...I had to blame someone you know...

Oriana: right right, doesn't matter but the thing is...we're almost like sisters now....right? At least, I think...

Caroline: I think so too Ori...


Oriana: good! Then why don't we........*whispers whispers*

Caroline: oh my! Do you think that would work?

Oriana: well... I don't know...but it could, right?

Caroline: *giggles* that would be....

Oriana: ...awsome....

Caroline: but how? They're always fighting...what if they don't like eachother?

Oriana: they will...mum told me she had a crush on your dad when she was younger... I think it must be still there, somewhere...

Caroline: but what about my dad?

Oriana: well, I don't know how these things work really but.... it should not be that complicated right? She likes him, they're friends...your dad is a wonderful person...what more do we need? He just needs a little push to fall in love with my mum!

Caroline: we need to make up a plan.....

Oriana: you said so, sis! *giggles*

Theodore: hey girls, what are you doing outside at this time of the night? Ori I think you should get inside...your mum was pretty mad... and what are you two laughing about?

Caroline: nothing dad...we're just....happy....we just made a wish to Santa Plumbob!


To be continued.....




So? What do you think will happen next? Will the girls' plan work? ;) Anything's possible at Snowflake's time ;)

I hope you liked the chapter! Sorry for the long wait, but with work and my computer not cooperating it's really hard to find enough time to play....and get something done despite the crashes.

Anyway, I hope next chapter will be the last one during Snowflake time, because with all the decorations and so many people living in the house it's almost impossible to play! (not to mention save......)

Soon soon people! And don't forget to recommend and visit the facebook page for sneak peeks if you like :)

Have a lovely Sunday!

10 comments:

  1. Loved the market and all those little stalls!! Amazing job hun x Hmm the girls little plan reminds me of a song... 'Let's get together yeah, yeah yeah. Let's you and I combine......' and so on an so forth! ;) Looking forward to seeing if the magic of snowflake day is on their side :) Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you ^_^ it took ages to make/save/take pictures...but I'm happy of the result :) hehe we'll see...we'll see.... ;) thanks for reading! xxx

      Delete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwww! Snowflake Day! Makes me think of Christmas! Cuuuuuuute chapter, looking forward to your next update Hedwig! How ya been, girl? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellooooooo ^_^ I'm doing fine...tired and busy but fine :) I don't have too much free time for simming though :( can't wait to open my game again but I don't know when it will be :( how are you? glad you liked the chapter ^_^

      Delete
  3. Hi Hedwig!! Guess what? I just caught up!! :D And I LOVED it! (Its holidays... finally!!)
    I love this family ^_^ And I love your renovated house with all the space (I find that as soon as there are stairs involved, routing fails. Maybe try putting the birthday cakes etc not on an elevated platform?), and that all the cousins are sharing the house. What a family affair!!
    Loved the Christmas market too. Have you gotten midnight hollow with the OFB content?
    Can't wait for more! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helloooooo!!!!!! I'm great you love the Loves XD XD XD actually they're being a bit glitchy at the moment and it seems I can't play them any further if I don't kick somebody out :D which wasn't supposed to happen for yet one chapter so I have to figure out a way to take the pictures I want avoiding the constant crashes...and then I believe from chapter 13 on the house will be playable again...since I figured out yesterday it's only this household that gives me a hard time, I played with Giselle and there were no issues at all! aaaah relaxing simming time...how much I've missed you :D I don't have midnight hollow yet...money is kind of tight now but it's going to be my birthday in less than 2 weeks so...maybe I'll treat myself with the new world ;) because apart from the world, I've longed to get that OFB content for ages!!!! thanks for reading/loving/leaving a comment ^_^ it's almost the weekend so there will be updates I guess ;) at least from Giselle's side of the story :D

      Delete
  4. :( I hope you can sort out the glitches and game crashes with the Loves! Unfortunately that's why I don't download much CC... it tends to do that to my game. And it pays to be careful overstuffing households, even with NRAAS XD A couple tips for avoiding too many crashes or save glitches though - (1) Zoom out to map view when you save. It will save faster and should help avoid some of the glitches. And (2) move towns every couple generations. I know that is against the legacy "rules", but it helps. Otherwise you could create a new Appaloosa Plains save and import the Loves. Having everything fresh like that makes a difference. Here's hoping for the return of relaxing simming time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heeey I just saw the comment...but thank you so much for the tips! I didn't know that expecially number 1 helped...I should try that! And I'd love to move towns but...the thing is that I can't save the household at all...one day I tried to save it in the folder and it took like a whole afternoon and then I had to switch the computer off brutally because I wouldn't get anywhere... anyway, my game just crashed BUT this time it allowed me to take a few pictures I need for chapter 12 before crashing yay!!!! I still need some more but still, I'm happyyyyy :D :D :D I'll have another go tonight, I hope I'll manage to take the rest of the pics for chapter 12 so that I'll be able to write the chapter during the week ^_^

      Delete
  5. lol. I love the Parent Trap reference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ^_^ and I just noticed the pictures from this chapter are not showing up...could you see them? This is really weird :(

      Delete