Saturday 29 June 2013

Natalya - Chapter 5


The days passed by. Natalya kept studying hard and working harder in the hope to be promoted. Daydream kept writing and was almost level four in the writing career!
Snow kept falling and Snowflake Day approached ...



One morning Daydream waited for Natalya to get on the schoolbus and crossed the street to visit the consignment store. She had a plan in her mind and she wanted to check if it was possible to achieve ....

Daydream wanted to buy a present for Natalya for Snowflake Day. She just knew what would make her happy ..... but it was so expensive! She just hoped that she could find maybe a second hand, cheaper one ...

The consignment store guy understood the issue and showed her around, but Daydream couldn't find what she needed.

Instead, she was a little embarrassed to realise her parents were flirting right behind her .... it did help  a lot that the store guy - Malcom, that was his name - pretended not to see them either ...

Daydream was rather sad that she couldn't find the perfect present for Natalya. She was so sure she would find a cheap one there ... but Malcom told her he would make a few phone calls and see if he could find a second hand one. 

Daydream thanked the guy, that was a nice service they were offering in that store! And in the end she found herself talking about the weather with Malcom ... he looked a bit weird but he was rather nice to talk to.

Although Malcom was definitely no boyfriend material. Daydream was feeling lonely and really wanted to meet the perfect someone.... a non-engaged or married someone, possibly. For some reason it seemed that all the guys that liked her already had a girlfriend or even a wife! It was so depressing ... she had started an online dating profile then, but had only got messages from weirdos or old people....

However, she had met some boyfriend potential at some point. She had been invited to a house party and had met a few guys...

The first one - she couldn't even remember his name - was too old,

but the second one seemed rather okay. But he had never called her back.

Oh well, if she couldn't find anyone in Moonlight Falls, then she would sail somewhere else....somewhere exotic maybe! She had always wanted to do that, since she was a little girl ...

While waiting for prince charming to appear, life must go on though. And in the meanwhile, Daydream was busy writing and planning the surprise for Natalya ... She didn't have much time to go around looking for what she needed though, because she could do it only when Natalya was at school, and she was still unsuccessful ...

The consignment store guy, Malcom, gave her some hope though. He said he might have found something but he wasn't sure yet .... but while they waited they could have coffee, some time, maybe?

A few friendly coffee later, Daydream and Malcom had become friends and she had told him about the house renovations and the money issue...

One evening he even followed her home, because he said he was curious to meet Charlie the turtle and Logan the hamster! He seemed to like Charlie a lot indeed ...

Daydream: Malcom?

Malcom: yes?

Daydream: did you really come here to meet Charlie?

Malcom: well, yes ... I mean no ...

Natalya: hey D! I'm home! are you in here?

Daydream: w-what? oh hey there! Did you have a fun time at work dear?

Natalya: at the mausoleum? I'd not call it a fun time, exactly ...so, who's the guy?

Daydream: oh he's .... just a friend, just a friend hon! Natalya, meet Malcom, he works at the store across the road. Malcom, this is Natalya, the house is hers, she's been so kind to offer me shelter when I was kicked out!

Malcom: oooh how kind of you young lady ...

Natalya: I see ... so ... he know everything doesn't he? You told him?

Daydream: well I ... he's been kind to me and we're kinda friends ... it's okay Nat!

Natalya: honestly D., I trusted you better than just bringing some stranger in this house...and going to tell our stuff, my business, to a random guy working at the consignment store ....

Daydream: he's not a random guy working at the store Nat! Or well, he is ... but we're friends, I told you, we can trust him! But he was leaving anyway ...

Natalya: no worries, he can stay, I leave!

Malcom: uh ... I'm sorry , I think I upset your friend ...

Daydream: don't worry it's me ... I shouldn't have brought you here, I should have told her first ... and she's still a teenager with mood swings, despite she tries to pretend she's a grown up woman ... and working at that gloomy mausoleum doesn't help I bet ... I'd better go talk to her ... so I'm sorry but could you please go? I really need to go fix this ... 


It turned out Natalya was a little jelous her precious best friend had a new friend. And hadn't told her!
And after what had happened with Lucy, she was really careful and strict about who to trust or not. And this random stranger with blue hair and heavy make up didn't just seem the right person to tell your secrets ... did he?

A few days later, one bright wintry morning Daydream went to answer the doorbell and found Malcom waiting outside.

Daydream: Malcom! What are you doing here? ... you could have called! It's a snow day and Natalya is at home ... and she has just stopped being grumpy , I really don't want to upset her again , her life is hard enough so could you please just ....

Daydream: .... leave ....

Natalya: oh, it's the weird guy again ....

Natalya: so? What do you want now? Daydream told me everything about you ... you know more than you should, so why don't you just go around and spread the news? Go, tell everyone Daydream is not really my guardian and I should be taken to some foster home instead ...

Daydream: Nat ... he doesn't want to report you to the social services ...

Natalya: so what are you doing here? You came to steal my friend didn't you? But you can't, we are best friends! So, speak, why did you come?

Malcome: I ... I wanted to help .... I thought I might give you a hand with the renovations ... Daydream said you wanted to renovate your gran's bedroom first and there's some pieces of furniture that need to be repainted but you're scared to ruin them in the process... or the feel of the room. I'm good at this stuff so I thought I might help ...


Natalya: please say that again, will you?

Malcom: I told you, I'm here to help. And stop treating me like if I was some kind of evil force trying to invade your life. I'm not , okay? I just happen to like being friends with your friend and I thought I might give you both a hand . Daydream is very fond of you and she's grateful that you took her in . So since you seem to dislike me for some reason , I thought to show you that I mean good by giving a hand . Nothing more than that . Now, the question is: will you trust me and accept my willing help and speed up with the renovations ... or will you keep your pride and finish working on this house when you are 60?

Natalya: fine ... I don't trust you yet ... you seem a little ... too weird for me ... but Daydream likes you for some unknown reason so you can help us . But mind you, I'm watching you ...

Malcom: hey, do you know you have a broken stereo in there?

Natalya: honestly, it's not the best way to prove yourself useful, isn't it? Come on, Malcom, prove us you really mean to be helpful ....

Daydream: okay, I guess we can all go up and show Malcom the place ....

Natalya: so ... this is gran's bedroom ... 

Malcom: really? And where did she sleep? On the floor? I can't see any bed here ....

Daydream: Malcom you're not helping .... The bed was there, it was old and expensive, her grand dad had brought it from India!

Malcom: oooh I see ... so it was valuable! Why did you sell it, girl?

Natalya: ........

Daydream: shush! Shut up Malcom, she didn't sell it, she was robbed!

Malcom: uh oh ... sorry ....

As first thing, Malcom managed to assemble an old bed that had been staying in his store forever. It wasn't the same as Natalya's grandmother's, and it would be replaced at some point , but at least, now the girls had somewhere to sleep apart from the floor and their sleeping bags!

For the rest of the day they re-floored the floor and papered over the walls. They polished the existing furniture and washed the rug and the tents. In the end, the result was stunning!
Natalya couldn't believe her eyes.... it was like they had gone back to her grandmother's time! Bed excluded ... but oh well, they would replace it, as soon as they had enough money ... but she was speechless! And had to admit that weirdo - er, Malcom - had done a good job !

When the works were over, Malcom decided to play his guitar in the middle of the upstairs hallway ... just for fun ... although he was working in the consignment store, his wish was to get a job in the rock music career , he said .

While he played, Natalya had a bath and then decided to cook pancakes for everyone! She was really happy and satisfied with the renovated bedroom she even wished Malcom would stay for dinner!

After that night, Malcom started to visit the girls often . He had showed his skills and true intentions and  Natalya was now comfortable with him around . She still thought he was a little weird but she now knew he was a good spirited person . Very good , in fact.

She still suspected that he was aiming at Daydream , and she was scared that he would take her friend away from her at some point . But Natalya couldn't but acknowledge that , without him , the renovations would be a lot slower and in the end , his weirdness was kind of fun . She had to admit they had lots of fun together , the three of them .

When Malcom wasn't visiting, Natalya kept studying and working hard and Daydream kept writing her books , hoping to get a promotion before Snowflake Day in order to buy that present for Natalya . The big day was coming only in a few days time and Malcom had not found what she needed yet.

Lots of work meant lots of broken stuff, luckily they had Bonehilda who provided all the fixing needed.

It was snowing so heavily that the school closed for a few days, so Natalya had a lot of free time at home and learnt to build different kind of snowmen ... although this one was the creepiest .

On Snowflake's eve she got a visit ....

Natalya: Zack! What are you doing here?

Zack: hey Nat ... nothing, it's just ... I haven't seen or heard of you for days, since school is closed , so I thought to come by and say hi ...

Natalya: oh, that's nice .... wanna make a snowman?

Zack: so ... looks like we built a nice snowman ...

Natalya: yeah yeah ... but not as nice as that one over there ...

Zack: there? where? I can't see anything ....

Natalya: it's right here !

Daydream heard the laughters from her study ... she was trying to finish the final chapter of her book but couldn't concentrate ... well, at least Natalya was having fun! When she noticed Peter staring at her with yet another little "present" she decided it was time to stop writing . Even if she managed to send in the latest chapters, even if she got a promotion, she wouldn't be able to buy her present for Natalya on time . Snowflake Day was tomorrow ... that was so disappointing! But she had really tried ... and Natalya would understand for sure ... she just wished she could be able to give her friend a better Snowflake Day ...

Peter was meowing trying to catch her attention, so Daydream switched the computer off and turned to see what kind of spider the cat had brought this time ....

But it wasn't a spider! It was a very rare iridescent beetle! Worth of like 3000 simoleons! She couldn't believe it, she would finally had the money to buy the present she wanted! It would have to wait till after Snowflake Day but still , Natalya would be so happy!

Daydream had extra cuddles for Peter that night, and promised him to serve him fish flavoured cat food for dinner!

And right after that, she sold the rare beetle and got the money back .... she couldn't believe it! It was late now, but she would call Malcom as first thing in the morning and tell him the good news! Maybe he could even come for lunch to celebrate all the three together .... she couldn't wait to tell Natalya! But where was she? Daydream couldn't hear the laughters anymore ....

Zack: so .... that was a nice snowball fight ... I had fun

Natalya: me too ... thanks Zack! That was a great Snowflake Eve ...

Zack: yeah ... so ... do you think we should go on an official date?

Natalya: er ... Zack ....

Zack: great! I knew it ... I feel so stupid now ... after the prom I thought you liked me as I like you ... and I thought I had proved you that I was trustworthy and that I really like you ... that I'm not like my sister ... who , by the way , is not proud of what she did and is very sorry and wish to make up.

Natalya: Zack ... I know that ... it's just ....

Zack: it's just what? Either you like me or you don't . And obviously you don't, because otherwise I think you should be happier since I just asked you to go on a date ...

Natalya: it's not that simple Zack , I have .... things ... to care about . Other things .

Zack: other guys?

Natalya: no, not other guys . This house Zack ... it's ... important ... I need to take care of it. As I told your sister that one time .

Zack: so that's why you don't want to go on a date? That's because of this house? I really don't get it ...

Natalya: it's a promise I made to my gran ... I promised I would take care of her beloved house and bring it back to life ... but I need a lot of money to do that, that's why I work hard at the mausoleum in the evenings . And when I don't work or go to school, I have to study to keep my grades up so that nobody suspects.... anyway, when I'm not doing this , I'm too tired to do anything else and I just collapse! That's why I can't go on a date with you ... I just don't have time ... and I don't want to hurt you because of that ...

Zack: but that's just ... mad! You're wasting your life away Nat , I won't just stay here and look at that ... besides, if it's just that, I can help ... let me help you with the house Nat , if it's so important for you I want to help ... and the sooner it's done, the better ... we'll have more free time for us ....

Natalya: but Zack ... are you sure? It takes so much time ... and money ... and I don't want anyone else's money ....

Zack: I won't give you money since I don't have it ... but I can help doing whatever you need : painting, cleaning, moving furniture, repairing stuff and the like . Don't you two girls need a male's hand?

Natalya: actually, we already have someone helping ... but I'll be happy to have you as well ... if it's not too hard work ...

Zack: it's not! I want to do it ... so ... does this mean ... you do not dislike me?

Natalya: thank you , Zack ....

Daydream: so, Nat ... wanna know the news?

Natalya: what news?

Daydream: I just finished my fifth book! And I got promoted!

Natalya: cool! That's great news D.! Congrats!

Daydream: but the other side is I couldn't get you a present for Snowflake Day ... I'm sorry Nat, but I didn't have enough money ... but I'll get you something , I promise!

Natalya: oh D., don't worry about that! I couldn't get you a present either ... but I thought that this is going to be the happiest Snowflake Day ever anyway! What with you and the cats and the half renovated house ... and I thought that maybe you can ask Malcom to come for lunch ... and maybe I can ask Zack as well ...

Daydream: sure hon! You're right , we're gonna celebrate anyway ! Now, let me finish this deep fried pancake that for some reason was still in the fridge and then I'll come straight to bed! Who knows , maybe we'll even get a visit from Santa Plumbob !

Natalya: yeah, sure thing, why not D.... let's leave him some cookies and milk on the mantlepiece ....

But in the depth of the night , wile everyone was sound asleep , someone did visit their fireplace! And was rather disappointed not to find any cookie ....

When the girls woke up on Snowflake Day and went downstairs to have breakfast, they were surprised to see light coming from the living room ...

Daydream heard peter meowing, and when they entered the living room .... they couldn't believe what they saw!

A Snowflake Tree was glistening in the middle of the room .... with a bird cage , a working table and a brand new cat's scratch house at its side! And at the far end of the room, close to the fireplace was ....

Daydream: Malcom!

Malcom: happy Snowflake Day , girls!


Daydream: oh my goodness ... what ... how ...

Malcom: relax D.! I didn't break in, I took your spare key the other day ... I just wanted to make up a little surprise for you girls! Acting like Santa Plumbob ... but you should have left some cookies , you know ...

Daydream: but how could you bring in the tree ... and the presents! Malcom ...

Malcom: oh right , I almost forgot! The working table is for Natalya , of course . See , D. ? I found it in the end! But I didn't tell you because I wanted it to be a surprise ... together with a bird cage for you ... I know you wanted one for your birds but couldn't afford it ... and with a new scratch house for the cats! I think they'll like it ....

Natalya: oh Malcom that's .... that's so ... I can't even say that .... it's just the best Snowflake Day ever!

Natalya: ... thank you .... really , thank you ....

Malcom: you're welcome Nat .... I'm glad you finally understood that you can trust me .... it means a lot to me ...

Natalya: now, let's go try this brand new workbench! Let's see if I still remember how to invent things ....

Daydream: thank you Malcom ... I can't believe you did all this for us ...



So well , it seemed they were going to have a very happy Snowflake Day indeed!

They were so happy they decided to hold an evening gift giving party!


Natalya had been so taken with her new gift she had lost track of the time and had to greet the guests in her renovating/inventing outfit ... but Zach didn't seem to notice much!



So many people came and brought lots of food and gifts!



Zack: mmm I don't like that guy with the ponytail ... he's wearing my same outfit!

















While an unknown big fairy guy flirted with an unknown old lady, Natalya was the first to open her present!


She found lots of stuff: like two or three chess tables and an umbrella ... While Daydream and Malcom found like 5 umbrellas each! Malcom even found an ugly lamp ... and he envied the guy who had found a gaming console right before him! That was huge luck ....



All the guests had lots of fun at the party, although maybe Lucy wasn't happy to hear Daydream calle her "brainless little evil girl" .... she thought everyone was giving her a harder time than necessary ... she had realised she had done wrong , and she wanted to become friends with Natalya again , but it didn't help that people kept reminding her of how bad she had behaved ... her twin brother included!



Natalya had lots of fun . It was the best party ever! An unknown lady even played guitar in the kitchen ...



Her life kept getting better! Since Daydream had come to live with her , things had been a lot easier . They had started renovating , they had got two cats , a turtle , a hamster and a few birds , then Malcom had come into their lives. Although weird, he had proven himself to be kind hearted and good spirited. And Natalya now seriously suspected that he had had a thing for Daydream all along. But Natalya wasn't jealous anymore . Well, only a little bit . But she was truly happy if her friend was happy , and truly happy that Malcom had walked into their lives . Besides, she couldn't stop thinking of Zack ... his sister's behaviour wasn't his fault , right? And he seemed to like her so much ... and she realised she liked him quite a lot indeed ... was he really meaning it , when he said that he would help with the renovations as well? Natalya really hoped he was . 


It definitely looked like love was finding its way in the old decadent house ... which didn't look so old and decadent to Natalya anymore.


To be continued .....





4 comments:

  1. Aww looks like things are looking up for the girls at last :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey there! yess they are indeed ;) can't wait to play again, I've missed my sims this week :D

      Delete
  2. are you still doing this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! it's just I've been taken with the legacy but I will carry on with Natalya as soon as I can :)

      Delete