Tuesday 30 April 2013

The Love Legacy - Generation 2 Chapter 20

Hello everybody and welcome to another chapter of the Love Legacy!

So, it's time to go back to Aurora Skies on a rescue mission and find out the truth about what happened to Arni, Jonas and Hildur....



It was raining when they arrived in Aurora Skies. It looked like a completely different world, without all the snow. But despite the fog, they could see how green the land was...they had never seen such a green grass! It was not like that in Appaloosa Plains...maybe it was due to the heavy rain that seemed to be falling at least once a day, during spring time...And today wasn't an exception! 

The rain seemed to set everyone into a rather gloomy mood...which didn't help, since the worries were so much already.

June didn't know what to think. They had passed Arni's house on the way to the cottage and it was deserted. It looked like nobody had lived there for a while...and it wasn't a good sign.

Sebastian was worried as well...and he didn't know what to do, where to go looking for his kids' friends if their house was deserted....

Theo: Great. We should take a picture of this wonderful moment...heavy rain, cold, humid, no rescue masterplan, no idea how to do what we came to do here....which is what, by the way?

Rebecca: we need to go find and rescue Jonas and Hildur, Theo...but I don't know where to start looking either....

Lily: what if we go inside as first thing? It's pointless to ponder outside under heavy rain...unless you want to buy an ice cream from the van!


June: Theo...why not Arni...why didn't she mention Arni...I thought we were going to rescue all of them...and why weren't they at home? What's happening Theo?

Theo: I think....I don't know what's going on, June, nobody does...but maybe we should all get inside first and then we'll come up with something...we could explore the island tomorrow!

June: do you think we're going to find them? How can you know? Nobody knows where to start looking...

Theo: I think...we'll find a way, June. Just...I wanted to tell you....

Theo: whatever happens, I'll be there. I'll always be there by your side and you can always count on me, you know that...

June: thank you brother...but...does this mean...your magic powers are telling you something bad is going to happen?

Theo: no June...it's just...it's raining, let's get inside, okay?

Rebecca: holy plumbob, I thought they'd never stop talking! If only they just went in so that I could sneak out to find all the info we need.....

















And she was off! As soon as the last Love had disappeared inside, Rebecca ran away to accomplish her mission...she hoped none would question her absence too much, but the spell she had worked with Charlotte should have taken care of the whole thing...







Lily: hey, Charlotte, wanna play tag? I'm bored...and it's a pity Rebecca is sick upstairs and doesn't want anyone to get in her room, otherwise we could have played something all together...

Charlotte:... [well done sis, the spell is working! Just be quick...just in case]

Charlotte was warming herself up when June called for her....

June: hey sis...we need to talk...


Rebecca had reached the place she wanted to visit: the vampire mansion. It was huge indeed but not as scary and gothic as she had pictured in her head. She took a deep breath and rang the bell...



...and waited till Karl appeared at the door, looking confused....



Karl:.... Rebecca? Is that you?


Rebecca: of course it's me!

Karl: I didn't expect...I remembered...I mean, you grew up...and are taller than me now...


Rebecca: yes, and that's quite funny actually!


Karl: .....

Rebecca: are you going to let me in at some point or what?

Karl: not here...you shouldn't have come...here...let's get away...


While walking away from the front door Rebecca thought her friend was behaving rather weirdly...he used to be very talkative and straightforward, they used to talk a lot, why was he behaving like that now? As if he didn't know she was coming...as if they were dealing with an awkward situation....well, she felt a little awkward actually but couldn't tell why....


Karl: so...Rebecca...you're here...

Rebecca: yes I am, thanks for noticing...and why are you not looking at me? It's always me...we're friends! What's up with you?

Karl: it's just...I didn't expect...to see you as a grown up woman...

Rebecca: well...it happens sometimes, you know, people get a birthday cake and grow up....do I look that bad?

Karl: no...it's...quite the contrary but hey, I think we should get going...

Rebecca: where?

Karl: we can't talk here, we need to move along and get to where nobody can see us...

Rebecca: it's dark, Karl, I can hardly see you....and even if they did see us, what would that matter?

Karl: my brother could see us from our bedroom window and believe me, it's better if they don't know anything about you...

Rebecca: why not?

Karl: hello? vampires here! vampires are evil, remember what my brother did to your sister?

Rebecca: yeah, but you're not like that, you're a good one!

Karl: please don't say that aloud...my family is already taking enough fun of me and Malin....



Rebecca: Karl?

Karl: what again?

Rebecca: did you say...I look good? Is this why you're acting weird? You...like me?

Karl: what? no way...

Rebecca: oh, so you don't like me....

Karl: er... I didn't mean...hey, you came for information, right? so just shut up and follow me okay?

Karl: ....and don't look at what the bubble over my head is saying! stupid game, that's private! 

XD XD XD rofl :D :D :D






It was late night when Rebecca headed for home...the heavy rain had stopped and a beautifully starred sky seemed to hint that the following day the sun would be shining....


that was a plus on their side, researches would be easier without the rain!

June was looking at the stars, trying to convince herself that everything was going to be allright... the more people, like Charlotte before, kept telling her that everything was okay and nobody knew what had happened exactly or could be sure of what would happen next, the more June felt there was a reason why nobody was ever saying Arni's name. They all knew something and didn't want to tell her not to hurt her...she had realised it, by now.


Rebecca snuk in without making a noise...as planned, everybody was sleeping already.



That's why she almost shrieked when she saw her sister waiting for her...



Rebecca: Charlotte! you startled me!


Charlotte: I didn't do anything, I was waiting for you....and covering up for you actually. I was taking care that nobody would be awake when you came in....


Charlotte: so? were you....successful?


Rebecca: .....


Charlotte: please tell me you were...everybody in this house is going mad! June wanted to talk...to have explanations...I didn't know what to say...



Rebecca: can they hear us talking?


Charlotte: no, they've been soundly asleep for ages...


Rebecca: okay then, I think I know where they are! Or at least, where to start looking...but we must make it as if it was dad's idea to go looking in the old horse farm okay?


Charlotte: okay...but...sorry to ask again but...are you sure? I mean...is he....reliable?

Rebecca: of course he is! I told you, we're close friends! Or I guess so....


Rebecca: he did become rather weird when he saw me...I think he didn't expect to see me as a teenager but then again, it's always me! And we spoke on the phone and...but he was weird, and we had to go talk into some woods because he didn't want his family to see us, and he kept blabbing about some bubble over his head, which I didn't see and in the end I think he liked me more as a child...


Charlotte: and you were disappointed...


Rebecca: what?


Charlotte: I think you like him and he likes you Rebs...


Rebecca: I'm not so sure...he was....weird....we were friends, why did he have to be that cold if he liked me? I so much think he realised I've had a crush on him since that time he came to visit to check on June but since I'm not as good looking as he is, he knows I'll never stand a chance and as the gentleman he is, he doesn't want to give me reasons to believe he could like me...


Charlotte: or, he was bewitched by your witchy beauty but didn't want you to see that....



Rebecca: mmm.....but maybe I left some details out...what if I tell you the whole thing again, so you can help me figure it out?

Charlotte: Rebs...we did come here to rescue Jonas and Hildur, right? It was not an excuse to see Mr Vampire...was it....


Rebecca: what? how could you think that? We're here to rescue our friends! You and Theodore are not the only one who cares for them, I do like them and am worried....


Charlotte: but maybe they're not that much in danger as he made you believe....and it's not that bad that when we save them, you'll need to go give a thank you kiss to your secret informer...is it....hey wait, what if he did all this to get your thank you kiss uh?


Rebecca: ....what?.....you think....oh stop teasing me sis!

Charlotte: sorry, that was fun!


Rebecca: but we should go to bed now...we're gonna have a long day tomorrow....



But Rebecca couldn't sleep. She was so restless...seeing Karl again had been a huge emotion. Although she had never imagined him to be this cold to her...



She wasn't the only one who couldn't sleep. Charlotte was also awake....


















...and so was June.

She had been putting pieces together...and realised the key role in the whole thing had been Rebecca's. She knew something she didn't want to share. How she knew it was a mystery...maybe granny Juliet had told her. But why her? And what was everybody hiding from her?


The riddle was too complicated and her head was aching. So she started to think of nicer things...memories mainly...like her first date with Arni at the coffee place...when she didn't know it was a real date...how sweet....so sweet it made her heart ache. Memories are not the right path to follow if you need to go on, is it?



Finally the morning came, and early riser Sebastian decided to cook pancakes for breakfast. The night had brought good ideas into his mind and now he knew where they would start their search: himself and the kids would go at the horse farm, leaving Shameka, Juliet and little Lily at home...











Lily: why is it that i always end up being left at home! I want to come with you...I want to explore this Aurora Skies everybody is crazy about!

June: you'll explore better if you stay here and go have a walk around with mum, Lil...

Charlotte: right, we're not sure of what we're going to find or how long it will take, it's better you enjoy yourself here with mum and gran!


Charlotte: hey, it's late! I'll go get ready...


Juliet: no way girl, clear your dish first! You're not leaving dishes all around just because granny Juliet is going to pick them up at some point. Nonono, I'm not Bonehilda!


Rebecca: eat up June, it's better if we leave at dawn...



June: sister...I was wondering....what do you know that I don't?


Lily: I know but I'm not telling you because it's a secret!


Rebecca left the kitchen, got dressed and rushed out in something like a second. She didn't want to be asked more awkward questions... she was starting to think she could not take it anymore. The sooner they found the others, the better. Then there would be other things to care about and her secret would be safe and die with her. And Charlotte. And granny Juliet. And probably Theodore. Oh well. But at least June would never have to know!

















June and Theodore were the first to reach the old horse farm. Something was wrong though, they felt it. The day was beautiful, the breeze fresh and the scent of flowers delicious, but the silence was overwhelming.

June: Theodore...I think there's no one living here...

Theodore: except this deer with a dislike for you, you mean? No...I don't think anyone is at home....


Sebastian rang the bell without success....while Rebecca peered through the window: the whole place was dark...and dusty....it looked like nobody had lived there for ages! How could it be possible? Where was everyone?



Charlotte even tried to do a locating spell but it didn't work out...she wasn't that experienced with magic...




But when they checked the stables, they saw the horses were still there! And it was obvious that somebody had been taking good care of them... what was going on?



It was in that moment they noticed something....


Behind the last horse box two wrapped up sleeping bags could be spotted. And some kind of blanked. Which is something unusual to spread on the ground in a horse stable....


...and over the blanked Jonas and Hildur were lying....looking as miserable as ever!


Hildur's gaze was lost in the void, while Jonas seemed to be....


Charlotte: oh my goodness....is he....dead?


Theodore: oh my...Jonas...no he can't be...Hildur! What's going on?


Rebecca: no, he's not dead, but I think he's very ill...


Hildur: what....you! Theodore! You...came! You're not an hallucination from hunger are you...no...I wouldn't dream of the others as well I guess, so...


Hildur: you're real!


With her remaining strenght Hildur flung herself in Theodore's arms... leaving him a little embarrassed...


Theodore: er....Hildur...we're all happy to see you two are allright....

Charlotte: I don't think Jonas is allright bro...

Jonas: Hil..dur....what's...going on....

Rebecca: it's ok, it's us, we're back! You're going to be okay Jonas, we'll bring you home with us... right, daddy?

Sebastian: what? *sneezes* sorry, I think I'm allergic at hay...what did you say?

Rebecca: we need to bring them out of here! Jonas is ill, we need to cure him! help us, dad!

Hildur: oh, Theodore, I thought I'd never see you again....I can't believe you really came! 

Theodore: it's okay...it's okay....but what happened? why are you hiding? And why do you look so sick?

June: And where is Arni?

Jonas: Arni....June? You're June?

Rebecca: guys, we need to go...the more we stay, the more the risk they notice us bringing them home...

Sebastian: what? why is that? 

Rebecca: daddy, please? I'll explain everything at home...

Sebastian: okay then, June, help Hildur while me and Theodore get Jonas... 

June: umph...I don't like that girl clinging to my brother....

Theodore: Jonas...it's me....Theodore....it's going to be allright...you're going to be allright....

Jonas: Theodore...I can't believe it....and...where is Charlotte...is she here too?

Charlotte: er...yes, I'm right behind you...

Jonas: Charlotte....

Sebastian: okay man, I got you....don't worry you'll be okay, we're bringing you home with us...

Charlotte: yes Jonas, don't worry, you'll be okay, we're all here for you!

Jonas: Charlotte...

Theodore: Rebs...did you know about this?

Rebecca: not now bro...home...anyway no, I didn't know he was ill...

Hildur: we're going...hooome! I can't believe you came all the way up here to rescue us! He had said so, but I hadn't believed it!

June: who said what? You mean Arni? What did he say? Where is he now?

Sebastian: stop June, she's too weak, let's bring them home and then you'll get your answers....


Sebastian: okay kid, we're nearly there...Sham! Come help me here...


Shameka: oh my...what happened to him?

Charlotte: we don't know we found him like this...I think he's ill or something...


Sebastian: here we are boy...Charlotte, help me settle him on gran's bed...


Shameka: don't worry kid, I think you're just proved by cold and starving...you might have some temperature but it will go away after a sound sleep! Rest here kid, sleep and recover your strength, we'll be back with something to eat when you wake up!

Charlotte: it's gonna be allright Jonas...we're here...


Upstairs June had left her bed to Hildur...but the girl was in better conditions than her brother, and a warm meal and a little nap in a warm bed had done miracles...



June: great to see you're feeling better....so I think it's talking time now...tell us what happened...and tell me where Arni is, I'm getting mad with waiting...please...



Rebecca: well...only if you feel like talking, that is...it's just...they need to know more...June especially...



Hildur: allright...it all started right after you left...we got home one night and the police was there, they had come to take dad...apparently he had been involved in some criminal activity or something...I don't remember precisely...the fact was he had made lots of debts and lost everything, house included...so they took him to jail and told us we couldn't stay in that house since it had been confiscated. So we moved with grandpa at the horse farm. But grandpa was old and living on farming, and it wasn't enough for the four of us. Money was really tight, and we had nothing saved for the present or future, so Arni thought to enroll in the military to get more money and provide for us....so he left us with grandpa. Communications was always difficult, but at some point he told us that he had decided to leave for some kind of secret mission in order to get a higher wage....but he couldn't tell us where he would be sent to.






June: no...please, tell me he didn't go....tell me nothing bad happened to him....

Hildur: In his last letter he said he was not sure if he would be able to make contacts, but we needed to be strong and believe that he would be back soon. He would always think of us and we had to remember he was doing this for us all. He seemed really sad though...he's always felt to be responsible for us, since mum died, and I think now he felt his duty was to provide for us, although this meant enrolling in a dangerous mission or sacrificing his life and dreams...

Rebecca: and what happened then?

Hildur: then we lost contacts. We just saw a certain amount of money transferred to grandpa's bank account, so we suppose he's still alive...but then....

Rebecca: what happened then?

Hildur: grandpa died. He was really old. And they came to look for us, because we were teen and weren't old enough to provide for ourselves. They wanted to send us to some boarding school or adoption center! But we knew they would come and went into hiding. We hid where they would never find us: under their very nose, in grandpa's house! Well, in the stables but anyway...they never came to look for us in there. I think at some point they must have assumed we had died or left the city and stopped looking for us. We had freed the horses, but they kept coming back...so we took care of them, and they provided a rather good heating in the stable! But we couldn't go out during the day, you know...so we started to go out at night, looking for berries to eat...but it wasn't enough, and we became weaker and weaker...Jonas in particular, he fell ill...


Rebecca: oh my....that's awful....


Hildur: if it makes you feel better June, I think Arni was sad to enroll in the military because it meant losing you...he really loved you, you know...I had never seen him so happy...


June: r....really? I thought...he didn't call because he had forgotten me....I can't believe I thought that....and the call! I got a call some time ago...one night...two calls actually! I picked up the phone and none answered...maybe it was him! And I thought it was a stupid prank...oh how stupid I've been...



Hildur: don't cry June...we don't know anything really, he might come back, I want to believe I'm going to see him again...as Arni said, we must be strong and believe...and hope.... like, when I met that vampire guy in the woods while I was picking berries, I didn't think he would really tell you that we were in danger...but he did! See? I should have believed him! Hope is the last one to die...



June: ...vampire...guy? what vampire guy?


Hildur: blond? good looking? vampire? He said he was a friend of yours, Rebecca...

Rebecca: er....


June: of course! Now all the pieces match....that's how you knew! I knew it was you Rebecca, I've known it for a while...but I just assumed it was gran that for some reason had told you to keep the thing secret...but no! Now I know what everybody was hiding from me...apart from the fact that I'm never going to see Arni anymore...they knew who your secret informator was!


Rebecca: no they didn't...well, some of them did, but I didn't tell them on purpose...apart from Charlotte and gran...Theodore just overheard...and Lily...

June: so everybody lied to me! They have been lying all along! And why? After what he did to me! They covered up for him...and you! How could you do this to me? Or to yourself actually, you know what he did to me! Besides, I didn't know you two were kind of friends...

Rebecca: it's not him, June! I'm not stupid! It's Karl...he's the good twin...he helped you with his sister Malin, remember?


June: oh...but I don't care how good he is! He's twin brother of that...that...I can't believe you've been in touch with that family for all this time!


Rebecca: okay June, I know you've been hurt, and are hurt now, and have been grieving for all this time, but that's enough! I can't stop living because you're hurt, you know? Karl is good, and we're friends, and actually, if it wasn't for him, we would not be here now and Hildur and Jonas would probably going to die in that stable! Is this what you want?


June: of course not...I just...I can't see how...you....I....






Rebecca: I'm sorry I lied to you June...I didn't want to hurt you too much...but I assure you, Karl is okay, he's not at all like his brother...he does want to help you know...will you forgive me?

June: I....I can't think I'm never going to see him again Reb....

Rebecca: it's okay June...and heard what Hildur said? We must believe and hope and he will come back....



June: yes...you're right I guess..but still..it's hard...but I love you little sister...despite what you did...which however was a good thing in the end...


Hildur: good, I'm happy you two are clear now...so, you okay now, June?


June: no. But I'll try to believe and hope as you said. While going on...I know I can do it when I have my wonderful family supporting me...

Rebecca: that's what family's for June, loving and supporting each other even in the worst moments...in those especially, actually.

Hildur: good! So, what's for dinner? I'm hungry...




Downstairs, Charlotte had heard the whole commotion from granny Juliet's room. Which now was Jonas's. She was shocked to hear what happened to her friends...but she had been even more shocked to find Jonas so helpless and sick. For some reason, despite the temperature he had said her name once more, before falling asleep. And she just couldn't leave him now. If he had called for her, it meant he needed her there. So she was...waiting for him to wake up and bring him anything he needed....


But Jonas needed a lot of sleep and he didn't give any sign of being willing to wake up. The following day Charlotte kept checking on him every once in a while to see if he had waken but it wasn't till late afternoon that she found him lying on the bed, awake and staring at her.

Charlotte: h..hey Jonas, so you're awake! About time, we were worried you'll never be back with us!

Jonas: no way, I'm planning on staying here for a looooong long while! Why don't you sit down and tell me how things are going?

He was still looking dreadful, Charlotte thought, but it was evident the long sleep had worked magic! And despite the illness, she thought her friend had aged up really good....



So Charlotte sat dawn on Jonas's bed, although for some reason she felt a little awkward at the beginning...now she understood what growing up meant...what as a kid looks so simple, as a teenager is way more complicated...and all those feelings, good ones and bad ones, mixing up together in an unknown mixture that makes your stomach twist...yes, now Charlotte understood how June had felt the last time they had been in Aurora Skies....

Although they had been good friends as kids, and still were, a sudden invisible barrier had come between them and Charlotte stayed there, staring at the floor, conscious that Jonas was looking at her but unable to say a word....

Jonas: it's okay Charlie, you can look at me...I don't bite...

Charlotte: er...yeah of course...

Jonas: hey, it's always me, the kid who boasted to be able to find the fairies and nearly got us all frozen and lost! hehe...and all to impress the girl I liked, as a matter of fact...

Charlotte: what?

Jonas: so, did it work?

Charlotte: .....

Ah yes, communication was really an issue, when you grew up....especially when unknown feelings were involved...

Charlotte: ...I'll go get you something to eat!


Rebecca couldn't stop thinking of Karl. She needed to tell him that they had been successful...and all thanks to him. He had been so kind with them all...


So she found herself on in front of the vampire mansion...waiting for someone to open the door.


But nobody was answering....Rebecca was about to leave when she heard a baby cry....




She followed the cry and reached the backside of the house...where she found this baby vampire sitting alone under the rain...


She wanted to pick him up but for some reason she couldn't...but she couldn't leave him there all alone! She herself was freezing to the bones!


At last she heard some noise inside the house and ran to the main entrance, hoping to see Karl coming to greet her....


But it wasn't! Rebecca tried to run away, but it was too lady... Karl's mum had seen her... and was now following her under the rain!


Thorey: hey girl, wait, don't run away...you must be one of my sons' friends...don't be scared, it's raining out here, feel free to come inside!


Rebecca followed the woman back to the house, she couldn't do anything else really...and on the way to the door she saw that the little vampire was once again outside in the rain all alone! While Karl's mother had evidently some important business to attend in the house....


Rebecca: ... What a family....to leave this cute baby all alone under the rain! I shall report on you Mrs Vampire!


Rebecca: poor kid....


Magnus: oh cool! free food delivery tonight, yay! Hello sweet girl...come in, don't be shy....


Karl: she's no food dad...she's with me...


Magnus: what? no food? oh that's disappointing...we'll have to order pizza again then.... but wait, at least, we could scare her a bit? Just to keep our evil trait active you know...

Karl: I suggest you change t-shirt then, dad....

Magnus: what's wrong with my t-shirt?


Thorey: puah that t-shirt is so not evil! Even little Martin is scarier than you, husband...where will our reputation go, if you keep wearing that stuff?



Thorey: but maybe I, the evil vampire, can scare her....hey little girl...look at my teeth here? know what they are for? mwahahahahahahaha


Rebecca: oooh Mrs Vampire....


Rebecca: ...you have such a wonderful house! Although I must say the choice of wallpaper is...peculiar...do vampires like holly, for some reason?


Karl: mum, please, why don't you and dad leave us alone for a second?

Karl: Rebecca....what on earth is wrong with you! I thought I had told you not to come here...I thought we had agreed it was best if my family didn't see you....


Rebecca: but Karl...I wanted to see you! I needed to talk...besides, your parents are not dangerous...they're kind of cute actually!


Karl: vampires are not cute...vampires are evil! How many time do I have to tell you? It's better if you stay away from us, really....go live a happy life and forget about us!


Rebecca: what is wrong with you Karl? I thought we were friends...I thought you wanted to help us...and not only us, you are good, you help people, Hildur told me you told her you would find help...she didn't believe you, but you did!



Rebecca: why are you so cold to me...what have I done to you...I just came here to say thank you...and tell you we were successful and rescued Jonas and Hildur...and now they're safely recovering at the cottage...so why are not even looking at me?



Rebecca: I will leave, and never bother you again, if this is what you want....but whatever it is you're thinking, I can't forget what you did for us....so I just...wanted to thank you....



Karl: ..what...



Rebecca: thank you ...



Karl: what was that?


Rebecca: a thank you kiss...


Karl: listen, I don't want you to go...it's just I'm scared my family might hurt you at some point, like my brother did...he tried to hurt your sister...



Karl: I couldn't stand it...you are...I don't know...


Karl: precious....





Rebecca: you are also precious to me, Karl...

Rebecca: ...er...well then...I guess I'll go now...I'll...see you around then?

Karl: yeah....right...see you around...of course...

Walking in dreamy land, aren't you, Karl? ;)

The following (rainy) evening brought good news for Jonas. At last he was fit enough to get up and have breakfast!

Charlotte: where do you think you're going?

Jonas: what?

Jonas: Charlotte...I hadn't seen you in the dark...how long have you been there?

Charlotte: I was waiting for you to wake up...to bring you some breakfast...

Jonas: you don't need to...see? I'm strong again...well, enough to go to the kitchen anyway...

Charlotte: right...but are you sure? Because I could just...

Jonas: you've done so much already Charlie...you're just amazing, did you know?

Jonas: amazing and beautiful...


Charlotte: r..really? you flatter me Jonas...


Jonas: I'm serious...you're the most wonderful girl I've ever known...




























Jonas: really, I don't know what I would have done without you...thank you Charlie...

Charlotte: oh, that's not true...


Jonas: and I'll tell you more....



Charlotte: Jonas....



Theodore: what are they doing in there?

Rebecca: I thought she went to wake him up....we have something important to discuss!

Hildur: maybe they went fishing! Can we go fishing once we get to Appaloosa Plains?


Theodore: ......

Rebecca: ....

Hildur: what?

Rebecca: ...okay, I'll just go check and tell them to hurry up....


Rebecca: hey guys! Oh you're awake Jonas! We...

Rebecca: ...hey guys...?

Jonas: see you later, princess...


Rebecca: ...well?....did I just see what I think I saw?


Charlotte: ....


Rebecca: sis? you in there?


Charlotte: I'm...not quite sure....

Rebecca: come on, let's go to the kitchen, we need to talk about going back, we need you there!








Sebastian: okay so....glad to see you both are feeling better kids...and hey, I'm sorry for what happened to you...Rebecca told me everything...so as the legacy heir in charge I can offer you to come with us to Appaloosa Plains. If you like. And if you agree.

Jonas: I do! I think I'll miss all the nature we have here but...I'll gain something else too....

Charlotte: .....

Hildur: right, and right now we have no choice if we stay here but go into hiding till we grow up...and risk freezing and starvation once more! And with dad in jail...well, after what he did to us I don't think he'll care if we stay here or not so...I'm in!

Sebastian: great kids, so I officially proclaim you part of the family! Although I'm not sure we have enough space to keep you in the legacy home...but you can surely go stay with one of my siblings!

Juliet: or, I could die and free one space! But then there would be only one and there's two of you...maybe if my son went back to his ghost state.....

Theo: gran!

Sebastian: what did you just say, mother? After all you went through to bring me back!

Juliet: haha, look at your faces! Only joking, son...

June: or, I could leave for university and vacate my room.

Theodore: what? so...did you decide to go?

June: no....it's just one of the possibilities. I'll try to make up my mind soon though, it might be a way to forget and go on...

Shameka: so it's settled...we're going to have two more kids in or around the house...

Sebastian: are you sure you're okay with it? Won't it be too much effort to bring two more teen to young adulthood, well and behaved?

Shameka: don't worry, I'm positive...I've always liked huge messy families...and two more mouths to feed won't be a problem...besides, they are Theodore's age, it won't be long before they all grow up...our help will just be needed for a little while...but I want to give those kids a better life, they haven't been much lucky...

Sebastian: you're the best Sham, you know that...the most wonderful, sweet, loving, caring woman that I could wish to share my life with...

Shameka: ..and make five children with...plus a semi adopted IF and two adopted teens! I could have never wished for a more perfect family...and life, Seb...

Shameka: hey, let's picture the moment!

















Shameka: the wonderful moment when our family got two more members...and we got two new children...

Sebastian: but well, for some reason I always had the feeling they would be part of the family at some point...for some reason or another...

Shameka: haha I guess you too noticed Jonas and Charlotte then...but I'm sorry for June...I always thought Arni would be our first son in law...

Sebastian: I know...but you know, miracles happen...we're all in despair because we know if he's dead or alive, but it may be just because he's not able or allowed to make contact...he may come back at some point...

Shameka: yes, but imagine you were June...the whole life ahead and just a memory to stick to...maybe she should just go on and find someone else you know...

Sebastian: yes, but if I were her, and it was you I was waiting for...I would wait. For the right one only. As you waited for me when I was a ghost. We don't have to worry Sham, if they're made for each other, love will find a way...otherwise, it will mean June's true love is still waiting for her, somewhere...

It was late at night but Charlotte couldn't sleep. The last few days had been full of events! They had rescued Jonas and Hildur who were now living with them and they were soon going back with them to Appaloosa Plains! Although it was not sure they would be able to host them in the legacy house, she was really happy to have acquired two more siblings...although well, she had to admit she didn't share brother-sister feelings with one of them...she had been shocked herself to realise she was in love...it was so sudden...and powerful...but also somehow familiar, like the feeling had always been there, somewhere, waiting to make itself known when the moment came. And it had come indeed...if Rebecca hadn't come in at the worst moment possible, she was sure Jonas would have kissed her! The only thought made her blush...and for once, she found herself disliking her sister's timing!

Charlotte was so dreamy and sleepy, watching an old movie and hoping to fall asleep, that she didn't hear the door opening behind her....

...nor did she hear Jonas approaching...

Jonas: BOO!

Charlotte: *shrieks* Jonas! You startled me!

Jonas: you can't sleep?

Charlotte: n..not really...

Jonas: neither can I...


Jonas: what are you watching?


Charlotte: some old movie...

Jonas: mind if I watch it with you?

Charlotte: n..no, of course not...


Charlotte: .....



Jonas: listen Charlie, I think I made my feelings clear earlier today...so.... there's no reason to feel uncomfortable around me...unless you...maybe you don't feel the same way...in that case I wouldn't bother you any longer....


Charlotte: ....

Jonas: Charlotte?...do you want me to go?

Charlotte: no...you can...I want you to stay...


Jonas: good, otherwise I would have had to lock myself in my room and be too ashamed to get out and face you again...


Charlotte: *giggles*



Jonas: so...what's so fun in a black&white silent movie where they keep playing the piano?

Charlotte: it's not a silent movie, I turned the sound off not to wake everybody up...

Jonas: great idea...so what's the point in watching a movie focussed on music?

Charlotte: exactly, it's boring! I couldn't sleep and hoped that this would make me fall asleep....

Jonas: then I hope it will work for me also...

Jonas: but wait, don't doze off just yet!

Charlotte: haha why not?

Jonas: because I want to give you the goodnight kiss...

Jonas: you okay?

Charlotte: yes...

Jonas: then come back here you...

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 sweeeeeeeeeeeeet <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

what can I say...that was an inspiring movie!  :D

I didn't do it on purpose, I just realised what's on the TV screen XD

It was early morning when Rebecca woke up and realised her sister wasn't in her bed...but when she heard muffled sound from the TV, she thought Charlotte must have fallen asleep in front of it...







But she didn't think Charlotte had company!

The two of them were so sweet...sleeping together on the sofa, how romantic! Rebecca was really happy for her sister...but couldn't help feeling a little jealous...or was that envy? She did want her sister to be happy, she was the person she loved the most! And twins have that special invisible bound that ties them together forever....but on the other hand, she couldn't help but think that Charlotte was lucky...to find love so easily...and to be so lucky to be going to live with her special one in her own house! Rebecca would have wanted that so much...but she couldn't have it...first, the one she loved would go back with her to Appaloosa Plains. Second, she didn't even know if he loved her as well...Third, she knew for sure he would never be welcome to her family as Jonas was. Her love life was definitely harder than her sister's! And it wasn't fair...

But deep down she knew these feelings were rather selfish and unfair...and she was really happy for her sister...she just wished Charlotte had told her before! Nonetheless, she decided to go wake the little doves up, before anyone else did....

Rebecca: guys...

Jonas: shush, you're going to wake her up...

Rebecca: did you sleep here the whole night? What if someone other than me saw you?

Jonas: but they didn't! Look how beautiful she is when she sleeps...

Rebecca: aaaah love....hopeless...


When Charlotte snuk up to her room again she found her sister waiting for her...


Rebecca: hey sis...wanna talk?


Charlotte: right...er...Jonas told me you came to wake us up...thanks sis...


Rebecca: anytime...

Charlotte: so...what do you think?

Rebecca: what do you think? You sure? You in love?

Charlotte: yes...I think so...

Rebecca: then I'm happy for you sis...really... I just hoped you'd tell me first...instead of having me catch you in the act...twice! *giggles* I told you about Karl...


Charlotte: I know I know I'm sorry...it's just...I didn't know it before! I realised it just then and there...sorry sis...I would have told you if I had been aware...but it was sudden...and powerful...and wonderful...I still find it difficult to believe it's true!

Rebecca: did you kiss?

Charlotte: what!?

Rebecca: you know what...

Charlotte:...yes...

Rebecca: and? how was it?

Charlotte:..I hope you're gonna try it soon...


Rebecca: by the way, Jonas is really in love with you...you should have seen how he looked at you while you were sleeping! *giggles* I should have pictured that moment for you...


Charlotte: oh, shut up...


Rebecca: I'm really happy for you Charlie....really...


Charlotte: thank you....and I hope you'll get to feel the same way one day...

Rebecca: I already do....it's just I don't know how he feels...

Charlotte: so what are you waiting? It's our last day here...go and find out!


Rebecca: oh yess! What if I were like: hey Karl, you know what? I'm madly in love with you, I've had a crush on you ever since and every night I dream of kissing you...and for the record, I'd love to fall asleep on the couch with you, especially since I saw my sister do that with her boyfriend and you know, she can't do anything that I can't do, so.... and he was like: oh I'm sorry I still see you as my kid friend and that's why I helped you but I will never think of you that way? Score!

Charlotte: well...or you could just say: hey, I'm leaving tomorrow and I'm not sure when and if I'll be back, but I couldn't leave without saying goodbye and kiss-cheek? And see what he does?

Rebecca: I did that already...but he was cold...well of course he feels cold, but he looked like an ice cube...he did tell me I was precious to him but then...he didn't try to kiss me back, or asked me on a date or something...he just let me go home without any other word...besides see yo around. And what's that supposed to mean? around what? his house? my house? I don't even know where he likes to hang out!


Hildur: hey, Theo! What are you doing?


Theo: writing an email...

Hildur: who are you writing to?

Theo: my girlfr...a friend of mine...

Hildur: oh, so she's not your girlfriend is she?

Theo: not officially no...

Hildur: so you are dating but you haven't asked her to be your girlfriend yet?

Theo: no we haven't been...hey, will you stop asking questions? I don't talk about this stuff okay?

Hildur: but...if you're not dating...and she's not your girlfriend...maybe she doesn't know you like her...and maybe someone else may take her away from you...like Delbert maybe?

Theo: what? how do you know...

Hildur: I still think it's a funny name, don't you think? He must be a funny guy...

Theo: not at all I assure you...












It was the last evening they would spend in Aurora Skies. They would leave back to Appaloosa Plains in the early morning. Juliet was feeling really happy and satisfied...she had acquired two more grandchildren! Wasn't it wonderful? She really felt whole, her family was just lovely...and as legacy matriarch she felt she had to attend her duties...and cook dinner for the whole crowd! Veggie sushi delicacy, it was....Jonas and Hildur's health and mood had improved so much since they had been rescued, but although all of her grandchildren were really close, she thought that maybe the Eriksson twins might feel a little at a loss in this huge messy family...so what better than a big family dinner to intertwine family ties even more?

Theodore: so....

Shameka: so....








Theodore: okay, only 5 veggie sushi...and 7 of us....someone is going to be left without dinner...who's gonna get the first plate?

Shameka: you wish kid, the first one is mine...

Charlotte: no, I wanna be the first...I ogled one roll that is nicer...I want it!

Hildur: hey, I'm the guest I come first!

Rebecca: you dream girl...

Jonas: ....

Lily: I quit...I'll have a slice of cake...there will be some in the fridge for sure...

Sebastian: ....aah beginners....

Theodore: I won! Yessss!

Charlotte: hey brother...what do you think of Jonas? Do you think he's cute?


Theodore: wha.. *chokes* what???


Rebecca: so, Hildur, are you happy to come with us back to the legacy house?


Hildur: oh yes! This is so cool, this legacy thing! Do you think I could be eligible as heiress?

Rebecca: no, unless you date one of the possible h....

Rebecca: listen to me, you're not going to date my brother, understand? He has someone in his heart already and you will not interfere! You don't want to play the Delbert part, I assure you it's not fun...

Hidlur: who's Delbert? That's one funny name...


Juliet: hey, new grandchild number 1! I see your health improved...you're still skinny but we can easily fix it...sit down and eat up, for one!



Juliet: wow...this is a compliant boy...


June: hey gran, hey Jonas, mind if I sit with you?

Juliet: not at all kid, but I'm done, I think I'll go inside, it's starting to chill out here...


June: oh....snowflakes...it's snowing...in spring!

Jonas: yes, it happens sometimes in here...

June: oh...snow...again....in Aurora Skies...this reminds me of...

Jonas: listen, June, this is not going to get any better...what about your speech about going to University to forget and go on?

June: it was just a speech...









The snow had turned into rain and Rebecca was once more waiting in front of mansion that was by now very familiar.... they would go back home the following day. It was her last chance to say goodbye to Karl...

But he wasn't at home. Now his parents had gotten used to her and lost interest in scaring her, and even asked her to come in to listen to Malin playing the piano, while she waited for Karl to come back.

But she got bored after a while and decided to have fun playing with little Martin, Malin's son.

How cute ^_^

Finally Karl found her in the kitchen...

Karl: Rebecca...what are you doing here? When Malin told me you were here I thought she was teasing me...

Rebecca: I was going to cook dinner for your family! You can't live on pizza and plasma juice forever, you know...and why would your sister tease you with something like this?

Karl: you came here to... cook?? seriously??

Rebecca: no, I came to see you actually, but since you weren't there I listened to your sister play the piano, then I played with Martin and then I told your mum that I could cook something for dinner if she wanted and your dad was really happy about that so I came here to check what you had in the fridge and that's where you found me....

Karl: amazing...just amazing...

Rebecca: what's amazing?

Karl: looks like my family likes you...I had never thought possible for them to actually like someone...they're still making Malin's husband feel like a reject! He's a werewolf, you know...so it's surprising they didn't try to scare you away....they do like you...wow....

Rebecca: and...it's a good thing, right?

Rebecca: where are we going now?

Karl: there's one thing you must know about my family: if they don't like you, they stalk you till you leave. If they like you, they stalk you because they want to know you. Either way, they stalk you. And if they're hungry...well, it's better you're not in the way.  Which means, whatever you came here for, you'll tell me outta here in a safe place. As I told you before, this is a vampires' lair, it is not a safe place for you and you'll do well remember that...I'm sorry I don't want to be rude, it's for your own sake....

Rebecca: is this far enough for you? Or should I have brought a swimming suit? 

Karl: isn't it wonderful? the ocean in the storm?

Rebecca: yes it is...

Karl: perfect place for goodbyes...

Rebecca: how....

Karl: hey, vampire here, I can read minds...

Rebecca: did you read my mind??? that's...not nice...you shouldn't....if we're friends...

Karl: relax, I only read your face...you came to tell me you're leaving and you're not happy about it, right?

Rebecca: right...we're leaving tomorrow...Jonas and Hildur are coming with us to Appaloosa Plains...I should be happy...but I can't help but feeling frustrated....I...why is that my sister can have her boyfriend living with her and I can't, and I know it's wrong, I'm happy for her, but it's just I also want to have the chance to spend the night sleeping on the couch with...the one I love...and my family loves Jonas already why they will never accept that I...you said your family likes me but it's all useless...and maybe you...you're always so cold and I don't get what's going on in your head and...you never show any kind of emotion...and I'm feeling stupid and frustrated...and I'll leave and you'll never see me again but I...wanted...to see you...but probably you don't even think of...

Karl: I do...Becky don't cry, I do think of you...and dream of you...that's why my sister teases me. We were fighting one day and she read my mind and now she knows. That's why I don't want you to come around my house...besides, it's just...it's really hard for me to admit I have feelings...it's already hard to be a good vampire...it's like being a good evil thing you know...it's hard to handle it sometimes. And I don't want do be like my brother. I don't want to hurt people. So long ago I decided to lock my heart away, so that it would not be able to feel...I didn't want to attach myself to anyone because I was scared I would hurt them, at some point. I'm sorry if I unsettled you, I hadn't realised that you had found the way to my heart and unlocked it from its secluded place. I realised it when it was too late...

Rebecca: Karl....

Karl: this is why...I cannot let you come any closer...

Rebecca: w...what?

Karl: don't you see? It would be dangerous! Look at my brother...what he did...what if I...

Rebecca: you're not your brother! I wouldn't have come here for your brother, but I came for you! I've been yours since that night you came to see how June was...I just didn't know it at the time...but now I do...

Karl: don't say that...I'm a monster, you can't have feelings for a monster....

Rebecca: my uncle is a werewolf! And he and my aunt are happily married and have three kids! Well, he's rather flirty and inappropriate sometimes, but this has nothing to do with his being a werewolf!

Karl: please...I was born to drink blood! Can't you see? I've always fought my nature, but what if for some reason I fail, at some point, and bite you? Please, please, I'm telling this to you because you're precious. Leave, go back home, have a nice life...and forget...

Rebecca: no! Will you stop for a second?

Karl: please, don't make it harder, I need to go...

Rebecca: no...not before I've made my point clear. This morning I woke up and found my sister  asleep on the couch with Jonas. It was just one simple thing but they were so beautiful together and I felt pain because I would never have what she has...

Karl: you will, you'll find a nice guy and...

Rebecca: I won't, because I've already found the one I want. And you're not allowed to choose who you fall in love with. 

Karl: don't say...

Rebecca: I do, because it's true. I love you Karl. And I won't be gone till I've fought for you and told you everything I need to tell you. You say you're a monster? Well, you know me quite well now, do you really think I would fall for someone dangerous who could hurt me? No way. You say I found the key to your heart without you knowing...how would that be possible, if you were a heartless creature? Honestly...

Karl: but still, what if I turn out like my brother?

Rebecca: he did what he did because he didn't love June. He played with her heart because he is a stone hearted creature. The only fact that you think of what could be best for me, shows that you have a kind heart.

Karl: but June....

Rebecca: well, have you seen her? After what happened to her, thanks to your dear brother, she still found the way to love again. And now she thinks she might never see her one true love again, and I think that hurts even more than what your brother did. I am selfish when I envy Charlotte for what she has, if I think of what June had and lost. So see? We are all suffering, one way to another, and the worst part of it is not to recover from the betrayal of a vampire guy.

Karl: I don't see what you mean...

Rebecca: what I mean, is that people get hurt all the time. Sometimes it's the those they love the most that hurt them, most of the time unwillingly. If you don't want to hurt and be hurt then, fine, go lock yourself somewhere in the woods and cut contacts with the world and have fun keeping yourself company. But I don't want such a life...life is feeling, life is laughing, life is crying, life is fighting, life is learning, life is loving. And if you fail, at least you can say you gave it a try. If you don't try, you can never know what you might have lost...and maybe it was the best part.

Karl: but feelings...are unsettling...since I opened the door and I saw you the other night...I haven't been able to think as before...I always know what to do and now I don't! I don't know what's right, what's wrong...I don't want to be selfish and hurt you, I want you to be happy....but I also really long to kiss you right now....but what if I kiss you and loose control of myself and bite you without knowing?

Rebecca: well, it's pointless to fear the unknown...let's just...find out










Rebecca: see? No monster here...

Karl: no...I'm still...me...but I've never felt like this before...I don't think I've ever felt anything before actually...I can feel... like my heart is beating...

Rebecca: which means it's true I found it, then...

Karl: yes...yes you really have...but I feel...scared....

Rebecca: it's okay, I'm scared too...true love is powerful...and power can be scary...but the real question is: are you ready to challenge yourself, your past and your fears, to be ready to love and be loved? Are you ready...to live?


Rebecca: well, I'll take that as a yes....




To be continued.......






I hope you liked the chapter! It's one of my favourite if not my number one favourite so far <3

Leave a comment and a rec if you like! And find more news on the facebook page :)

Byeeeeeeeeeeee

2 comments:

  1. Aww, great chappie :) Lets hope it works out for all the romantics! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^ haha it will...just give it some time but everybody will be happy in the end :D

      Delete