Sunday 17 March 2013

The Love Legacy - Generation 2 Chapter 15



Hello everyone and welcome to the third part of Aurora Skies Special of the Love Legacy!

 It was supposed to be the last chapter of the special but it was getting too long so there will be a fourth and last part soon :)




The kids had been hiking up the mountains for the whole afternoon, but still no sign of fairies... the snow was thickening and they were starting to feel cold...and a little scared...

Theo: I had told you guys, it wasn't a good idea to come up here....it's going to be sunset soon, and we're lost somewhere up a fjord under a snowfall...this is so not cool guys...

Hildur: actually, more than cool I'd say freezing! I'm starting to be cold...anyone please find some warm place to spend the night, okay?

Charlotte: wasn't it you who knew the road better, Hildur? You said you've been at the fairies' place many times already...so you should definitely know some place we can find shelter for the night

Rebecca: hey, no fights...we need to think of something or we're gonna feeze to death here!

Jonas: I know a place...well, I've been told about that...there should be a few huts up here...to shelter people who got lost in the snow...but I've no idea if there's one close to where we are...let's just run up this slope and see if we get a better view from there, allright?





And they set off...Theodore on the lead! He was so scared to freeze during the night...and he felt so frustrated, now more than ever, that he couldn't use his magic yet!

Eventually they find the hut, right after sunset...


exhausted, but happy to see some human building in that desolated place, they run towards the hut, hoping to find a warm, comfortable bed waiting inside...



but they weren't so lucky. The place looked like it hadn't been used for ages and was all mouldy...besides, there was no door! It must have been on the other side of the house, the one that was totally covered in snow...


Despair was right about to seize their hearts, when Jonas had an idea:


Jonas: we can build an igloo! you know, they're not just for fun...they're useful and they can keep you kind of warm...and we're five, I bet we'll have a fantastic sleep in the snow! Come on, let's build it together, it'll take no time!


So the kids set themselves to work...all except Hildur of course, the little diva princess' hands were too frail to heave snow blocks, of course....

And they built up a wonderful igloo!


They decided to warm themselves up in front of the firepit before going to sleep...although....


Rebecca: does any of you boys have any matches?


Jonas: why would we boys be supposed to have matches?

Rebecca: dunno...boys always carry weird stuff...and you need matches if you want to set something on fire...

Theodore: and why would we want to set anything to fire?


Rebecca: oh well, got it, we have the firepit but can't light the fire. Of course, if we were allowed to do magic, we could have lit it on the spot but no, there are restrictions...what's the point of knowing you're a child witch if you can't use magic and save your buddies from instant freezing? So lame...I'll just go to bed...after you, brother..

Jonas: er...do you want to stay here or go to sleep? I don't want to be here with you and my sister alone...neither I want to leave you two alone...

Charlotte: there's no point on staying out here, it's freezing! Let's get in, all of us...



Arni and June had been galloping fast under the snow, hoping to reach the kids soon....but the darker the sky became, the heavier their hearts became...


June: Arni? do you think we're on the right path?


Arni: I don't know...the snow has covered the footprints...

June: but we've been riding for ages, we should have crossed them by now...don't you think? And it's dark now...what are we going to do?

Arni: yeah...but there's nothing else we can do... besides, I believe we'll find them in one of the huts over the fjord, Jonas knows about them, there's a good chance they're safe and sound and warm now...

June: speaking of which...I'm so cold...

Arni: hold on June, we'll be in the first hut in a while...

Arni: look! I think I'm seeing something! We're close, June!


Indeed, Arni had seen the hut's roof! And it was getting closer and closer...soon they would find their siblings, safe and sound inside...they must have found the hut as well...


Arni: June! I'm seeing an igloo! They must have made it, they must be there! We've found them!


June: oh my...really? Thanks goodness...

But a bitter discovery was waiting for them....


June: there's no one here!


Arni: but they've been here! The igloo is freshly built, I can see it...it must have been my brother who built it, he's pretty good at this kind of things...and I can tell they tried to use the firepit...so where are they? Why are they not sleeping in the igloo they made?

June: I...don't know....but what are we going to do now? They might be lost in the snowstorm! I can't even think of it...Arni...what are we going to do?


Arni:...it's too late, to dark and too cold to go on June...I think we should stay here for the night...


June: what? and leave them alone and freezing, who knows where?


Arni: don't worry, they arrived here and built an igloo, we don't know why they left, but they might have built another one somewhere else...I think they'll be fine, Jonas knows what he's doing...and we are used to this kind of weather...so let's warm up and have a good sleep, and hope that the storm will be over before morning. Then we can resume our search...


Arni:...June...they're ok, everything will be okay...don't worry...


June:...if you say so...but still...I can't bear to be here while the kids may be lost in the snowstorm...

Arni: but if we went after them now, we would freeze and we'll have to build a new igloo soon. You would freeze if I had to build another one, it takes time...while this one is already made and is sleep-ready! Just eat something and then we'll go to have a good sleep in the snow...exciting isn't it?

June: Arni?

Arni: yes?

June: how come you've become so talkative since we started this adventure?


Arni: er...you know...I'm a very shy person in normal circumstances...I guess all this situation made my brain think of survival and forget shyness...


June: it's nice to talk to you...you make me feel...safe...

Arni: well...that's kind of useful if you're lost in a snow storm I guess...

Arni: so, let's try this icy bedroom here!


The storm eventually stopped and the night fell over the igloo... June thought she would not sleep one minute and she would freeze, but as soon as she laid down in her sleeping bag she fell asleep. In fact, it was rather warm inside, when compared to the temperature of the Arctic night...and it was kind of comfortable...or maybe she had just been really tired...



At the first lights of dawn Arni awoke and checked the weather...


Arni: June! wake up, the storm has stopped, we can leave! If we're fast enough, we can try to reach the next hut before the sun is up!


June: morning....my back's aching I'm not sure I can face another ride...



Arni: come on June, some snowflakes are falling again, we need to hurry to find them before another storm comes...


By the time they reached the second hut, snow was falling heavily again...but at least there was sunlight to guide them! But there was no sign of the kids there....



But at the following stop they found a trace! More than one actually...four snowmen, two igloos and a snowangel! They must have been there and even had fun! But it seemed they hadn't slept in those igloos either....


The mystery was thickening! And June's heart was thumping fast, trying to find a solution to the riddle...

At last, some weird shape appeared at the horizon, glowing in the morning light....


June:...a treehouse! with bridges....and a frozen garden...and so many gnomes!


Arni: we've found them June, this must be where the fairies live!

June: really? So...is it possible that also the kids have found them? Maybe..they're inside! Wait...are fairies...good?

Arni: I guess so...

Arni:... but you can ask, there's one coming straight at us!

June: oh..and she doesn't look pleased...does she?

Kristin: Oh, hello beautiful horse, welcome to the treehouse...


June: er...we're also here Ms. Fairy...


Kristin: and what are you doing, in our land?

June: please, we're looking for our brothers and sisters...have you seen them? are they safe?


Kristin: yes they are...they're inside watching TV now...we found them last night, they were cold and scared and were going to sleep in an igloo...so we brought them here. Mind, it's not something we usually do...but they had been so courageous to come up here with this weather, that my daughters decided to bring them home with us.

June: really? oh thank you so much!

Olga: [mmm weird winged people living here, better run away!]


Arni: see June? we've found them! I told you they were safe, somewhere...I just didn't know they would be safe in a green treehouse!

Kristin: you can go in to see them...I think they're upstairs, watching TV...






And indeed they were! Although trying to watch something with tree branches all over the place is quite complicated....

Theodore: June!!!!!! What....how did you get here? Is..everyone ok?


June: okay? you mean worried to death I believe! How on earth could you leave like this? We were so worried! We thought you were lost, we thought you might be in danger! And when we found out that you hadn't slept in the igloo...

Theodore: oh, that was because the fairies found us and brought us here!

June: I know now...but you had us so worried!





Rebecca: June...it's not Theo's fault, he was the one who doubted it was a good thing to do...it was us who wanted to go the most....and we've succeeded you see? We've found out where fairies live!

June: but you've only been lucky they found you on time!


June: and Theo, you're the oldest kid...I thought you were more responsible...


Theo: I did try to tell mum...

June: and you got her so mad and worried! And she texted me to come and check how things were going at Jonas' place...and once I got there we found out....and I had to leave my date and we were just about to...nevermind

Elin: hey Reb, let's go playing outside?

Rebecca: just a sec...my sister just arrived and is giving us a big sister talk...


Charlotte: June...please don't be mad...it was me...Jonas wanted to prove me he was brave and decided to show me where the fairies lived...and....


June: and got you in mortal danger!

Rebecca: Arni! you're here as well!


Arni: hey kid...so...looks like everyone's ok...


Rebecca: yes yes, we're fine! The fairies brought us here, but otherwise, we had helped Jonas building a big igloo! We wouldn't freeze to death anyway...

Arni: so it looks like ours were wasted worries...and the ride in the snowstorm and all...everything was useless because you've always been safe and warm in here...but anyway, at least we got to use your igloo!

Theodore: so...you helped June to find us....you slept in the igloo...June said that when she got the message she was on a date....so it was you!

Arni:...what? she was on...oh....no, it wasn't me......she just came home to check if you were there and we left together to find you...

Theodore: oh...I'm sorry, bud....


Arni: ...I can't believe she was on a date right before...and I had thought that maybe...what a fool I've been! *despair*


Rebecca: oh my....communication looks like a huge issue when you're a teen...I'm not sure I want to grow up....what if we always stay as we are, Charlie?


Theodore: hey, I'm going to grow up soon...but I'll prove you that these kind of things are not going to happen to me, I'll always speak out to people!


Elin: ...poor guy...

Charlotte: June...you okay?

June: ....


Poor Arni couldn't allow the others to see how brokenhearted he was...so he pretended nothing had happened and went to ground his little brother instead...


Arni: Jonas...how could you do such thing? You put your friends in danger! They're not used to our land and its harsh weather...


Jonas: I'm sorry brother, I thought it was just a little walk, I didn't know it would take so long...or that there would be a horrible storm!

Arni: but why did you even think of such thing, in the first place?

Jonas: I just wanted to impress....

Arni: but I'm sure your friends already like you, even if you're not putting them in mortal danger...

Jonas: I wanted to impress...


Jonas: ...her...


Charlotte: please please please Elin, could you give me a bit of fairy dust? I'd love to see it....oh I'd so much love to have wings like you!

Arni: well, I believe you succeeded. I wish you luck, brother...just avoid the risk of freezing to death all of your friends while trying to please a girl, next time, allright?


Charlotte: oh thank you, thank you so much Elin! It's so sparkling...do you think it can make me grow wings like yours?



June didn't know what to think...or do...or say....she had never imagined that Arni could like her...or well, she had never noticed him or thought of him more than "Jonas' brother"... she had been so taken by Markus she hardly had the time to notice anyone else...but now...poor Arni, she felt so sorry for him...and she was the cause, although totally unaware....




And the TV was not helping, showing wedding programmes in a moment like that...

June: ...Arni?

Arni: it's...ok...I'll just go get some fresh air...


June followed him, not being able to say anything...and realised someone else had come up in the treehouse... a turquoise teen fairy was chatting with Charlotte...about dinner


Charlotte: cool, so we can stay for dinner! Do you have tri-tip steak, Astrid?

Astrid: well, fairies are vegetarian so I suggest we have vegetarian dim-sum! how do you like it?


June: hey...Astrid you said? Just wanted to thank you for having us all for dinner...and for saving the kids and hosting them in your treehouse...



Astrid: no problem, but if you really want to do me a favour in exchange, you could tell me something more about your friend the blond guy...he's so cute! Don't you think?


June: er... never thought of him that way actually...

Astrid: good! so he's not your boyfriend right? Maybe you could introduce me?

June: er...I....

Elin: this conversation is leading to no good...


Arni had found refuge in the terrace downstairs...he needed some fresh air and a drink from the bar would make him feel better...although he was not feeling better at all, what with the creepy gnome staring up at him from the top of the bar...


CreepyGnome: it's your fault, man! You should have told her straight away...


Arni: what? I didn't know gnomes could talk...

CreepyGnome: haha you're doomed now! the girl doesn't even see youuuu

Arni: shut up you creepy gnome...


Astrid: who are you talking to?


Arni: what? I didn't see you there...

Astrid: oh, it's the singing gnome! Yeah, sometimes he decides to speak up...or sing something...you were lucky he chose you!

Arni: yeah...lucky indeed...


Astrid: I don't think we've been introduced, I'm Astrid...


Arni: oh yeah, I'm Arni...you...er...have a really lovely house...


Astrid: oh, thank you so much! You're such a kind guy....and good looking one *giggles*


Arni: ...er...thanks *blushes*

Astrid: would you like to see more of the house? This staircase you see over the bridge there leads to our bedrooms...

June: mmm I see you've helped yourself here, Astrid...you don't need a chaperon anymore...

Arni: and what's your point, June?

June: what?

Arni: she's just being kind...why do you need to treat her that way?

June: excuse me?

Arni: if you don't like me, then you think that none else will?


June: What?! I was trying to do you a favour, actually. She's just a flirty tricky fairy and she'll make you suffer for sure! I wanted to warn you. That's what a friend would do. But well, it seems I was wrong, do whatever you want, I don't care!



Arni: friends? aha that's a nice word...besides, if you really were my friend, you would stand up for me. And you know, there's no point of being jealous if we're just friends!



June: what?! are you insane? and for the records, I don't care! Talk to her, marry her, whatever, I don't care! Be happy with your new girlfriend!



Upstairs, Rebecca had been playing with her fairy friends on the balcony and had heard the whole thing...


Rebecca: girls...this is getting bad...we should do something about it...

Elin: I know... I felt it when we were inside that something bad was coming...

Sigur: I felt it too...I was at the other end of the mountain and came home as soon as I can...but I guess I felt it because we're twins, Elin...

Rebecca: but you're such good girls...while your sister is a little too...well...

Sigur: flirty? Yeah that's what she likes best...but don't worry, she'll have someone else in mind by tomorrow evening...

Rebecca: but this is getting bad! I never saw June so...I don't know...like this...



Sigur: it's obvious, isn't it? She's jealous!

Rebecca: of Arni? No no, she's in love with someone else...we all hoped she and Arni would get together but apparently she didn't even realise he liked her, before tonight...

Sigur: well...she looks jealous to me, anyway...


She was not jealous...was she? She was in love with Markus...Arni was just someone she knew and had never cared about...but then the last two days...she had felt closer to him, she had actually liked being with him...but just as friends...she loved Markus for plumbob's sake! And only plumbob knew what would happen if her mum had not texted her on that very right moment...but then why did she feel she wanted to slap Astrid in that turquoise face of her?



There she was, sitting on the fairy couch at the far end of the garden...his heart was exploding only at the thought, but it was a now or never, he needed to talk to her...




Arni: hey, June...

June: oh....hey...

Arni: may I sit?

June: yeah....

Arni: ......

June: ......

Arni: listen...I...I'm sorry okay?

June: no...I am...I....

Arni: no, listen, otherwise I won't be able to say that again....I din't want to fight with you, I do not want to ever fight with you. I was just so sad...and angry that you had been on a date with someone else...

Arni: and I'd still punch this guy in the face, whoever he is...


Arni: but you couldn't have known...and I'm always too shy...I should have told you how I was feeling...maybe things would have been different?...or maybe not...but I guess what I saw upstairs was...you were jealous weren't you?


June: I don't know! I've been thinking so hard, trying to understand...I don't know!


June: there's this guy...I've been so taken I couldn't think of anything else...not even my family...and I hated it when my mum texted me while we were on a date, she was spoiling my perfect moment, you know...but then when I found out what had happened I felt so guilty...and it was like a mist had dissolved in my brain and I could see things clear again...and I couldn't understand how a crush for this guy could have made me so careless of what was going on around me...



June: he wanted me to go to his place! When I left I mean, he told me it was a pity because we could have gone to see his place...


Arni: and...would you have gone...with him?

June: the only thing I kept thinking when I came to your place, before finding out what had happened, was: I hate my family to get in trouble right when I could be at my dream guy's place! But then...when I was riding with you...the thought just stopped...and there were the kids to find, we were all so worried and it was freezing and we were in the middle of nowhere...I was scared...I just didn't give the guy a thought anymore....till tonight...


Arni: In the first place, I don't think it's very wise to go to an unknown guy's place...no matter if you have a crush on him...but I must say I'm so relieved your mum texted you at the right time! But...you still wish she hadn't, don't you...



June: well...I don't know...I can't decide...now that I'm here I don't think the crush is so overwhelming as before...I still like him, though... but I also like you...and I don't want that flirty fairy to even look at you...is that...normal?


Arni: well, I don't know...but I'm happy...

June: so...are we kind of clear now? No more fights? Friends are before?

Arni: of course...hey, come here, it's cold...


That had been an impulsive move, especially if you thought of how shy Arni was...it had taken June by surprise but she was even more surprised when she realised that she would have loved to be stuck on that couch for a very long time....


...in fact, she was feeling so peaceful...like she'd never felt before, actually...

June: I like to be here with you, Arni...

Arni: well, I'm pleased...


June: Arni...

Arni: I...sorry, heat of the moment...listen, I know your feelings are mixed and you may be in love with someone else, but I just wanted to tell you that...I can wait. They're bringing us home tonight, after dinner. So relax and try to sort out your feelings and...well...you know where to find me...whatever happens, I just want you to know that these have been the most amazing days of my life, I had never felt before what I feel for you, June...



The following evening, after a long day spent listening to her siblings' stories of their fairy adventure in the snow over and over again, June took courage and decided to go talk to Markus.

In fact, she had found out he was living kind of close to their place. Besides, the big news of the moment was that her parents wanted to confirm their marriage vows, now that dad was back with the living. There would be a big party and June needed to know who to invite...or not...


June rang the bell and waited....her heart thumping, and thinking over the words she was going to say in a few minutes...


To be continued....

It looks like there's going to be a fourth part of Aurora Skies special :D this chapter would become a little to long and I decided to split it in two :)
Hope you liked it! Next part is kinda almost ready so it's coming out soon ;)
Comments&recs are welcome :D

Have a lovely sunday everyone!

PS: the treehouse was created by simhelaene, I used a slightly modified (by me) version



No comments:

Post a Comment