Wednesday 13 March 2013

The Love Legacy - Generation 2 Chapter 14


Hello everyone and welcome back to the second part of Aurora Skies special!

We left the family enjoying their holiday in a blue cottage in a snowy Aurora Skies...and in particular, we left Juniper longing to go on a date with Markus, the vampire who had noticed her iceskating on a frozen pond....


June was feeling restless. Still a whole day to go, before it was time for her to go to the library and meet Markus. She could barely think of anything else now...


Charlotte: hey sis....you feeling ok? you are...too quiet...and you're not caring of what all the rest of us is doing, it's not you!



June: mmm...what lipgloss should I wear? I can't decide the colour...


Charlotte: see? what's going on with you! I wanted to ask you to hang with us today, we're going to the horse farm...but I'm not sure you care to be with us anymore...


June: uh what? I think I can't eat anymore...I'll go check my email...

Charlotte: ... I'm hurt...


As June had apparently other things to do, the three kids left for the horse farm...

...which was, of course, full of horses!

Theodore took a liking on one named Gustav...

While Daisy was apparently very happy to be cared for by Charlotte....


Rebecca, on the other hand, tried to bond with Margit but seemed to have less success than her twin sister...and she thought that she wasn't sure horses were really her thing...


Besides, they found out they couldn't even try to have a walk on horseback as they were too young...

[BTW, why is that, EA? as for magic, why can't kids use it? no good :( ]


However, when Gunnar Gunnarsson arrived, he allowed the kids to mount on Gustav and pose for a little horseriding picture!

None of them looks too pleased though....

Rebecca: I think...I'm scared...brooms are totally a different thing...

Charlotte: yeah...they're so....tall....


At last Arni arrived!


Theo: hey there! we're having a wonderful time! And your granddad allowed us to take a picture on Gustav!

Arni: cool! I'm glad you're having fun kid! Jonas and Hildur couldn't come though, they're having a bad cold and it was better for them to stay at home this morning...

Theo: oh, that's bad...


Arni: yeah and...er...where's your sister this morning?

Theo: June? Oh she....


[erm erm...please note the pixelled horse doing his business right in the background...photo bummer! XD]


Theo: ...she's home getting ready I think....she's been kind of weird lately and although she'll say nothing about it, we guess she's going on a date tonight! Can you imagine it? Someone has asked my sister out!




Arni: ....


Oh, poor you Arni....nobody understands your feelings...


Finally it was time for June to go to the library! Her heart was thumping as she walked up the stairs...


But once she got in, the place was deserted. No human or vampire seemed to be around...maybe she had arrived too early?

Yes, that must have been, she had been so nervous she had misunderstood the time...oh well, there was plenty of books to read in the meanwhile!

She had been reading for a while when her phone rang....


June: Markus?

Arni: er...no...it's Arni....

June: oh....it's you....I was waiting for another call, sorry...

Arni: well er...your brother was concerned about you and I thought to...well nevermind...

June: I'm ok thanks...well if that was all, see you then...

Arni: yeah...no, wait...I....when are you going home? it's kind of late, if you pass the park on your way home...well I'm there, I can..er... walk you home...

June: .... how late?....OMG it's 10 thirty! I can't believe I've been reading for so long! And waiting for so long...

Arni: ...so...are you going home?

June: *sighs* yeah, looks like it's the only thing I can do now...see you in a while then....


June...you okay?

June: oh, you're here Hedwig-the-voice...right on time to witness how lame my life is...I'm...I don't know...I can't believe he didn't show up! And didn't call...I'm heartbroken...

I'm sorry June....

June: I'll just go home and hide...

I thought you were meeting a friend?

June: oh...yeah right...oh well, I have to cross the park on my way home anyway so...


June: here he is....I don't know what he's doing in the park so late in the evening but anyway...he's rather weird, don't you think?

Er....June..I don't think you're seeing the point here....

Oh poor Arni...look at his sad face....


Arni: hey June....

June: hello...

Arni:.....

June:.....er.....I just realised it now...it's full moon tonight! 

June: Do you think we're gonna see ghosts around? They kind of frighten me, although I'm kinda into this supernatural stuff, what with Theo, Reb and Charlie being witches...I think I'm becoming some kind of supernatural freak haha

Arni: ......



June: ...yeah, when Theo told me I was so OMG you can't be a wizard! That was soooo scary!

June: but then I thought that they were all my little siblings and I loved them all to bits...and actually that made sense...why I felt they all shared a special bond that I share only with little Lily...but yeah, we're a big crazy family I guess! And magic is sooo cool, I'd love to have some powers myself...

er... June...I don't think you're improving things with this kind of talks.....


 June: ...oh... I'm sorry I just babble sometimes....



Arni:...it's ok...it's kind of cold out here....



June: yes it is! but I love it! I just love the cold, I was born like that, you know



Arni: ...oh...I'm the same...I also love the cold...


June: cool! We share a trait then!


June: shall we make a snowman?


Arni: actually, it's late...I thought to walk you home...or go somewhere else...have some hot drink...coffee maybe....


June: great idea! I'm kind of coffee addict and I never say no to coffee... We can go to that Bjorn café before going home!




 June: yay, caramel cappuccino! and I'll also have some chocolate cake...hungry....


After they drank their coffees, Arni sat down and watched June eating her cake....


June: this cake is soooo good!

Arni: I can believe so...

June: oh sorry I must not be fun to look at someone eating in front of you...

Arni: quite the opposite, it's kind of fun actually



June: Arni...what's fun in seeing me eating cake?

Arni: er...


June: this guy is definitely weird...



Arni:...er...how do you like fishing?



June: [cool he spoke a complete sentence!] I've never tried it, but since I like being outside I guess I'll like it...



June: we have a little pond behind our cottage, it's frozen now...and it's rather small, I can't even go iceskating on it...but I guess it's gonna be full of fishes when it unfreezes!


Arni: so...you like iceskating....


June: oh yes! I love it! And this is how I met the love of my life!


Arni: .......

June: Do you have a girlfriend, Arni? if you do you can understand how I feel now...when you called I was waiting for him actually, it was our first date...and....and...I can't believe it but he....


Arni:... oh hey, look at the time, it's going to be curfew soon, I'd better walk you home...


June: oh...alright then....



Back home, June checked her email straight away....no sign of Markus....she was sooo disappointed! and hurt...why would he dump her like that? it was Markus who had arranged the date..


Sebastian (from the living room): hey June, your friend is waiting here, shall we invite him for dinner?

June:...oh yeah, of course...

Arni (in the living room): ......


Sebastian: this situation is awkward......I sense something's going on here with my daughter....... hey June, dinner is ready in a minute, put that computer away, will you? And entertain your friend please...


June: what? oh yeah, in a sec!

June had found out that Markus was online...but was not answering to her chat messages! What had she done, to make him avoid her? She just kept staring at the computer screen...hoping to hear the friendly sound of a chat message being received.....


Rebecca: hey Arni!


Arni:...hey...

Rebecca: ....there's something wrong here....


Rebecca: hey June, loving our holiday as much as I am?


June: what? wait a sec sis, I'll talk to you later....

Juliet: .....


Juliet: I don't like what I'm seeing here...it's like my little June was possessed or something! I don't like the colour on her face....



Rebecca: poor sister...there must be something really bugging her...always stuck at the computer...not even caring of us...or of poor Arni here.... hey June, I think you should be nicer to Arni, you know? He was so kind to walk you home and now you're not even noticing he's sitting here....


June: yeah right, just wait a sec, okay?


Rebecca: hey Theo...I need to talk. Have you noticed June is being weird lately? Do you think she had a fight with Arni, perhaps?



Theo: no..I don't think they had a fight...why?


Rebecca: just go eat your dinner and you'll see....


Theo just managed to have a glimpse of the awkward situation that Rebecca had told him, because right after he came in the room, June left. Charlotte had come to have dinner, instead.


Theo: how is it possible that we never have dinner all together in this household?

Charlotte: *caughing* I don't know...everyone seems to have a different schedule... and priorities...

Theo: but we're on holiday! Are you having the same problem in your family, Arni?

Arni: uh...don't think so..


Arni was looking so pale and tired now, and barely spoke...while that same morning he had been lively and happy, apart from one specific moment...

Theo decided it was time to bring up the courage and ask his friend a dreaded question....


Theo: Arni? may I ... er...ask you something?


Arni: yeah...

Theo: do you like my sister?

Arni: .........you know, you're having really interesting books in this cottage....

Poor Arni...in love with someone who didn't even notice him...Theo felt a sudden rush of rage for his older sister...how could she be so cruel to his friend? Would all girls turn so evil when they grew up?


Unaware of what was going on in the kitchen, June had took refuge in the sauna...a good relaxing mud bath was what she needed, right now...but before entering the bath tube her phone rang...




Markus at last! He had sent her a love message!


June's heart was thumping hard...Markus still wanted to see her! He had just had an issue with the full moon...so stupid of her not to have thought of it before...it was full moon! Probably vampires didn't like it...so that was it! everything was clear now...she felt happy and relieved and went having her relaxing mud bath thinking of the following evening, when she would see her beloved vampire again....



The following day Rebecca was the first one to wake up. Today they would go to Jonas&Hildur's place to play together all day long! Theodore had called Jonas the previous evening, and he had told him he was planning lots of fun stuff to do!



Arni was also there, but was apparently not in the mood for conversations.. he just locked himself in his room saying he needed to finish his homework...


While his sister showed the world the little diva she was by dancing at the music in the living room...


For some reason they decided that a scary story would be the best entertainment for the morning....and Theo got the honour to be the narrator, as he was the oldest...



Hildur: no please, stop, I can't listen to your story anymore!

Charlotte: don't listen to her, go on bro!

Rebecca: yeah...right...I want to know....

Jonas: I can't find a place to sit and standing here is uncomfortable!


Hildur: ok then, go on...I can listen....

Theo: and so the mummy came out of its sarcophagus and cursed all the kids that were close to it! And then....


Charlotte: nooooo I can't listen, I can't listen!


Theo: don't hide Charlie...because you don't know what the mummy did to those who were hiding, when it found them....

Jonas: ....I'm not sure I want to know actually....


Theo: it cursed them with the worst curse ever....


Charlotte: I don't want to know....

Theo:...the living dead curse...everytime the moon appeared in the sky, they would all transform....into zombies!


Jonas: z....zombies???


Charlotte: ok bro, I'm done, your story's lame, let's get going...


Charlotte: are you scared Jonas?


Jonas: me? scared? no way, you must confuse me with my sister...

Charlotte: yeah right, of course...


Jonas: you don't believe me?


Charlotte: hey, I was only joking...

Jonas: do you want me to prove you how brave I am?


Hildur: oh wait, nonsense, I am the bravest of you all...of course!



Rebecca: yeah...as if....what an attitude, boy...I really hope she doesn't set her eyes on my brother...or viceversa...



Theo: oh, Riley! Did you hear my story? Did you like it?

Oh well, I don't think you have to worry Rebecca...



Not for now, at least :D




Jonas: I can show you something...I know a secret place where...come here, I'll tell you a secret....


Jonas: You know fairies? We have some in Aurora Skies. And I know where they live...



Charlotte: really! You know some fairies! Can you show me? Oh, please, can you show me? they're so cute!







Jonas: but I'm not sure it's girls stuff...I mean, you could get scared, or tired, they live far away...










Charlotte: are you kidding me? I'm not a normal girl, I'm a witch! Besides, I sense you're just trying to get out of a story you made up to feel more manly....

Jonas: nonsense! We can go there, right now!


Theo: mmmm I don't think this will bring any good....guys, I think we're going to get into trouble...how about mum and dad? They'll expect us to go back home this afternoon....


Rebecca: just make a call ok? Tell mum we're having a sleepover party and we'll be back for dinner....tomorrow!

Theo: why don't you tell her yourself?

Rebecca: you're the big brother....your duty!



Jonas: okay then, everybody ready? It's gonna be a long walk...they live in a faraway secluded place in the mountains...follow me and don't get lost!

Theo: Charlie...I'm not sure we should be doing this....

Charlotte: oh come on big brother! You're a wizard for plumbob's sake, what are you worried about?


Hildur: yes, you should all trust my brother! Although it was me who told him where the fairies live, in the first place...



Charlotte: oh please stop that crap!



Hildur: what did I say?



Hildur: I just told the truth! I'm the best among us and you should all be thankful that I decided to come with you today, instead of meeting my enormous crowd of admirers!






Charlotte: yeah...right....let's get going, it's going to be evening soon....


Theodore: I told you Reb...this is not going to bring any good...


Rebecca: come on bro, it's gonna be fun!


As soon as the sun went down, someone else was planning to have some fun...



This time Markus had arranged a date in a different place, a cozy beach on the fjord...it was a little cold but June didn't mind, she was just happy that her date had showed up, this time...


June: I can't believe we're really doing this, at last! I was so sad...and hurt you didn't come to the library yesterday...

Markus: yeah...I'm sorry it was the full moon thing...I did tell you I believe...

June: yes yes you did! I just wished you had told me before I went to the library...alone...


Markus: I told you I'm sorry okay? Now, you love the cold right? Let's make a snowman, you shall like this I believe...

June: yay! snowman building! I love it...and building it with you is even better...


June: so, how about school...do you like it? Are you planning to go to University after?



Markus: dunno...only if there are no flies there...I hate bugs!



June: look here...the mist...and the snowfall...and the icy fjord...this place is just...perfect, don't you think?


Markus: yes I do...hey June...


June: yes, Mr. Vampire?


Markus: are you enjoying your holiday here?


June: oh yes I am! It's the best holiday ever...and then I met you...



June: I'd love to stay here...I don't want to go back home...


Markus: ....


June:...would you like me to stay? here with you, forever?

Markus: ....er....


Markus:...hey look at the sky!



Markus: have you ever seen the stars here in the Arctic?



June: they are...so beautiful....


Markus: so are you, June....














June: oh you just...touched my hand....

Markus: does it bother you?


June: not really...


Markus: look at the sky...we're here under a snowfall, looking at the same stars together...isn't it...hypnotizing?

June: I'd say romantic but yes...it is....

[erm erm....you can't really see the stars during a snowfall, did you realize that? oh well...besides, I was hoping for northern lights but it keeps snowing! no good :( ]


June: Markus? This is the best date ever...thank you....


Markus: well, there's still something missing...



June: oh, you mean....


Markus: I'm going to be the perfect gentleman this time and ask you...may I kiss you, June?


June:... yes....


It was the perfect moment she had dreamed of since, like, forever... she couldn't believe it was really happening! To her, with this amazing guy, in this amazing setting, under the snowfall...it was just like magic...she was so happy her heart could explode!

But then....


June: ....oh...what's that?


Markus: what?


June: my phone's ringing....


Markus: oh.....

....and the magic was gone.....


June: it's....a text...from my mum....why would she text me...now?



June: oh my goodness...


Markus: what does it say?


June: it looks like she's worried for Theodore and my sisters...he called and said they would sleepover at their friends' place, but he also babbled something about going on a hike to find fairies and she's kind of worried as nobody's answering the phone at his friends' place...she wants me to go check....



June: I'm sorry Markus, I need to go....


Markus: oh...yeah allright go if you must....

Markus: but that's a pity because I was just about to ask you to come over to see my place....

June: oh...I'm so sorry Markus, but my mum never worries too much, if she wants me to go check on the others something bad must have happened....see you next time?


And so she left....running towards Arni's house to check on her siblings...



....leaving a disgruntled and disappointed Markus on the spot.....



By the time she had arrived at Arni's place, her brain had started to work a series of bad thoughts about what might have happened to her siblings...although they were witches, they couldn't use their powers yet...what if something bad had really happened to them? What if they were hurt?



















Arni:.....JUNE! what a...surprise....what are you doing here? You look...like you run up here...what's the matter?


June: hi....just wanted to check...are my brother and sisters here?

Arni: no...actually, Hildur left a message that they were having a sleepover at your place....but since you're here...


June: do you know anything about fairy hunt? Mum said Theodore babbled something about finding fairies...


Arni: oh, that's no good...I can't believe Jonas and Hildur are doing this... again!


June: again? but what about my siblings?

Arni: there's a legend that fairies inhabit some treehouse lost in the mountains over the fjord....my brother and sisters kept talking about that a while ago, they must have heard of it at school...and once they tried to go find the place...but I would have never thought they would involve their foreign friends! Who're not used to this kind of weather...and to the mountains...


June: oh my....what can we do?


Arni: I'm going to follow their tracks and bring them back...it's gonna be night soon!


June: but how? they will be far away by now! And I don't think there are drivable roads in the mountains....besides, I want to come with you, my brother and sisters are lost in the snow in the middle of nowhere....


Arni: let me think.....









Arni: we're going on horseback. With Olga, here! My sister's horse! She'll bring us both on their tracks...



June: are you sure it's gonna work?




June: I've never been riding on horseback in my whole life....


Arni: don't worry, just climb up behind me and sit...


June: yeah...but...are you sure I'm not gonna fall?



Arni: yes, just hang on to me okay?


June: o....kay....




Arni: here we go! Kids, we're coming to the rescue! And when we find you, you'll be so grounded.... [unless something worse has happened, already..]

Don't even think of it, Arni!


And off they were...the mist was thick, the snowfall heavy, the thoughts...heavier. June was hanging on Arni's waist and couldn't feel her arms anymore. Olga the horse was galloping so fast and she was so scared to fall! Apart from that, and the scary thoughts that kept passing through her brain, June realised that riding with Arni was actually a nice feeling...

She wasn't thinking of Markus anymore. Something, someone that had taken her so badly till what now seemed a lifetime ago, had been washed away by the sudden realization that she might not see her brother and sisters anymore. She felt so guilty for having locked herself up in her own world of teenage love, leaving everyone out...but she swore to herself: she would no more let her feelings overcome her, making her forget the important things of life. No matter how wonderful and perfect the guy she had a crush on was.

To be continued....

Hope you liked it!
Third (and last I guess) part of Aurora Skies special coming as soon as I figure out what's going to happen next :D
Comments&recs make me happy :D

Byeeeeee :):):)



2 comments:

  1. I'm saving myself for the weekend so I can start at the beginning and read them all!!! I'm looking forward to meeting them all!! Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha have fun then! my friend also did a LoveLegacyMarathon, he took him 3 days :D I hope you like the story :) hugs and have a lovely day!

      Delete